Queens Park v Ayr United

If we don't have another striker the only change I'd make is O'Connor in for Bryden and Ashford back up top, desperate for Bryden to be a superstar but at just turned 18 he's not ready to be starting games at this level, hopefully though we can have a couple of new faces in by Friday.

If we don't have another striker the only change I'd make is O'Connor in for Bryden and Ashford back up top, desperate for Bryden to be a superstar but at just turned 18 he's not ready to be starting games at this level, hopefully though we can have a couple of new faces in by Friday.

I’d be more tempted to put Hewitt or Smith in and play a 4-3-3 with Mitchell-Lawson and Ashford wide. I really don’t think Ashford offers anything up front bar a lot of running and pressing. McAllister will potentially have a tough game against Dom Thomas so could do with someone in front of him tracking back a bit more.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be more tempted to put Hewitt or Smith in and play a 4-3-3 with Mitchell-Lawson and Ashford wide. I really don’t think Ashford offers anything up front bar a lot of running and pressing. McAllister will potentially have a tough game against Dom Thomas so could do with someone in front of him tracking back a bit more.

I actually think the one thing Ashford did offer more of was defensive cover. Most of Arbroath's attempts seemed to come down Reading and JMLs side of the park. 

I think he'll stick with the same XI. 

What are QP supporters thoughts on this being on a Friday? I'm assuming a good number of your home matches will be switched to Friday evenings?

Looking like I will miss this one as I'm travelling back from Edinburgh on the Friday and the Mrs definitely will not appreciate a stop off in Larbert🤣

11 hours ago, North British said:

Does anyone know if the club is running any supporters buses to this or any game ?

If they are, any chance they could pick me up from Battlefield on the way up? Our club is only running a bus for season ticket holders, which they seem to have forgotten not everyone who wants to go to games is in a position to buy.

37 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

What are QP supporters thoughts on this being on a Friday? I'm assuming a good number of your home matches will be switched to Friday evenings?

We took almost as many up to Inverness on Saturday as came to our first game at Stenny when we played Forfar. No disrespect to Stenny, they’ve been very helpful.

The football side of the club is developing nicely on several levels, including the first team. The management of the club on non-football issues has been poor for a few years now and there’s a real trust issue evolved. Biggest single disappointment has been the stadium rebuild but perhaps even bigger is uncertainty about who’s running the club these days. And in the future. 

Both sides will fancy getting something here after picking something up against two of the stronger sides in the division last season. We showed two sides to our game on Saturday. Superb in the first half and dug in during the second period. Hopeful that we can win this one if we bring the same intensity, but with just a wee bit more composure in front of goal.

Was looking forward to getting a couple of away days in the south side this season before visiting a newly rebuilt Lesser Hampden.

Ochilview it is. Not the worst ground though and haven't been since 15/16 I think. Should make it through on the train if I can make sure to finish at 5. 

Really want to see us go with a 4-3-3 with Mitchell Lawson on one side and Ashford/O'Connor on the other. Would be great to see another striker come in. A decent goalscorer to give Dipo competition with Bryden being a back up sub here and there. Make it happen Bullen.

Slightly more confident of not getting beat than I was before Saturday, If Queens Park have more about them up front than Arbroath and test our defence then we may be in for a tough afternoon. 

Would be tempted to have one more in midfield for this one, we don't look like scoring so just need to make sure we don't concede for as long as possible. 

1 hour ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Where’s decent to park nearby, lads?

Pretty sure we got parked next to the school last time I drove up there, only a couple of streets away. Mind you that was the game where Scott McLaughlin had returned on loan from Peterhead so it may have changed in the past decade.