🐟 🐟 Arbroath v The Caley 🔴 ⚫

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think it’s a big advantage for us, said it in Morton thread other day it’s the same for them, Ayr the same, few other clubs the same.

There is no way we are getting all the youths in Gayf if they’ve had to be stuck in a seat watching some of the stuff we played February to May last season. Some horrendous fare on show.

The football is secondary for bairns, they have a great day out running about with their pals and eating hot dogs and pies, only interested in the football when were attacking 😂 Used to be exactly the same when I was younger, spent most of the game playing Hunt

But you definitely get hooked on going to the football with grounds like ours. I don’t know if I would still be a supporter just now if I’d grown up going to watch games at a ground like Dumbartons or East Fife’s. Find them utterly depressing, the football would have to be great for me to get hooked 

Think it’s a bit different at the bigger clubs with all seater stands because of the big atmospheres 5/6/7 thousand people can generate at a Dundee, Killie or Dundee United etc.

Caley seem to be doing quite well with the yooofs though there were a lot of them trying their best to make an atmosphere at the play off game. Unfortunately due to the stadiums design the away fans couldn’t hear a peep even though we were only half a pitch away from them

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM-1.

47 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah actually noticed you and a few others say you should’ve won and thought that myself when watching them.

QP seem like a decent enough side in fairness, would love a Murray/Thomas at Gayfield. 

They looked miles off it for the first 10 - 15 minutes but once they settled in they were fine. They will be comfortably mid table at the absolute worst possibly even pushing for the play offs.

They looked miles off it for the first 10 - 15 minutes but once they settled in they were fine. They will be comfortably mid table at the absolute worst possibly even pushing for the play offs.

I don’t think the comfortable mid table exists anymore. If you’re not either miles in front like Arbroath and Killie last season or rooted to the bottom, you’re in the mix, up or down. Not great for the nerves but certainly keeps the interest going right through the season.
I can’t see the Lichties playing as poorly as they did at Ayr. Dick has to make changes to the starting 11. I expect Hammy to move to central defence and young Hancock to play in his familiar position at LB. I can’t see Jacobs starting so maybe Craigen in midfield. Fosu has earned a start after last week where he had a real impact.

Arbroath fans (or at least 1888Lichtie) appears to think Gayfield has the atmosphere of Anfield or the Camp Nou. It’s an irrelevant dump of a ground only known for being cold and close to the sea. Yes I am aware our ground is shite, we don’t care, nobody cares, I go to watch football, not count the crowd. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Arbroath fans (or at least 1888Lichtie) appears to think Gayfield has the atmosphere of Anfield or the Camp Nou. It’s an irrelevant dump of a ground only known for being cold and close to the sea. Yes I am aware our ground is shite, we don’t care, nobody cares, I go to watch football, not count the crowd. 

Yes that’s exactly what’s been said

No Jason Thomson for Arbroath tomorrow either. So only 2 out of that trusty back 4 available. DC said there will be changes and even that he’s not sure on shape, so might just see a 3-5-2 come out of nowhere. Said Fosu has impressed in training this week. Thinking now it’ll be more along the lines of 

Gaston

Gold

Little

Hamilton

Hancock

Stewart

McKenna

Low

Linn

Fosu

Shanks

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No Jason Thomson for Arbroath tomorrow either. So only 2 out of that trusty back 4 available. DC said there will be changes and even that he’s not sure on shape, so might just see a 3-5-2 come out of nowhere. Said Fosu has impressed in training this week. Thinking now it’ll be more along the lines of 

Gaston

Gold

Little

Hamilton

Hancock

Stewart

McKenna

Low

Linn

Fosu

Shanks

Are Fosu and Shanks both ex Highland League?

I'm sounding like a broken record here but I'd really like to see us try a proper 4-3-3.  It worked really well in the second half of the first leg against St Johnstone and looked good in the first half of the second leg before the wheels came off.  Something like - 

Ridgers

Duffy Devine Delaney Harper

Carson Allardice MacGregor

Mckay Oakley Mackay

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think Fosu gives us something a little less predictable, and god knows we need that against ICT!

6 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

No pay at the gate, £20 tickets that have to be booked online in advance and the changing ends at half time scrapped.  Poor show.

Not changed for us, we get 3/4 of the ground. Have Inverness ever been allowed to swap ends at Gayfield? Only time we didn’t put segregation in place last season in league was Hamilton midweek I’m sure, because there weren’t enough away fans to justify it. If there was end swapping in the 0-1 game first game of the season it must’ve been because the away support was smaller than it will be tomorrow. You will probably have a decent away support tomorrow if we have segregated it 

If there 

The other thing about booking in advance, it will take you 2 minutes on your phone... 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The only time we haven't been allowed to change ends when I've been at Gayfield in the past was the play off last season.

Actually.... this brings back memories of our stewards being terrible. We started doing segregation after the game against you because of some ‘trouble’ that our stewards started. Every game last season was segregated bar Darvel and Hamilton. The other game we played against you had restricted crowds of 500 (fuckin ridiculous by the way makes me annoyed thinking about it) so that’ll be why you never had it last year.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

We got to change ends in the game 2 maybe 3 seasons ago where Arbroath sworded us 3-0. I walked out early that day we were so bad. 

Yeh, probably, but we don't anymore