🐟 🐟 Arbroath v The Caley 🔴 ⚫

Everyone needs to stop doing that. Nobody wants Sandy to come 

In other news first day of season weather looks decent enough. No bad wind. 1 down 17 to go 

I’m glad it’s going to be dry. The grass on the terracing can be treacherous in the wet.

12 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I’m glad it’s going to be dry. The grass on the terracing can be treacherous in the wet.

Also the terracing grass has not been cut since last season, it’s about 8 foot tall, impossible for watching football.

44 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Everyone needs to stop doing that. Nobody wants Sandy to come 

In other news first day of season weather looks decent enough. No bad wind. 1 down 17 to go 

I’d have assumed you’d be making the trip to Dingwall to watch the mighty bhoys in green?

57 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Looks like there's some grass at the top of this terrace to me. Sandy awaits your apologies.

40048ca28f17da38a6bcfa8544a95464.jpg

I can only apologise to Sandy!  However, if he pops into the club shop pre match, I'm sure they will sell him an Arbroath FC branded machete (I mean, we have everything else these days!) to cut through the thicket, and an AFC branded survival tent.

9 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

What this thread really needs is more earnest discussion about whether John Hamilton or Jock Hamilton will be turning out at left back for Arbroath on Saturday

Nope, definitely needs put out of its misery 

I canot believe the numerous posts by Arbroath fans defending their park, it's almost verging on hysteria which I can only put down to embarrassment, they must feel out of place when they visit proper stadiums. 

Anyway enough said by me on the subject as it will only serve to get them fired up again.

I'm hoping we see Welsh back for this and Ram must be over his thigh injury by now, but it is important we have Devine and Deas back for this game, if so and all is in place we should garner a win.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I canot believe the numerous posts by Arbroath fans defending their park, it's almost verging on hysteria which I can only put down to embarrassment, they must feel out of place when they visit proper stadiums. 

Anyway enough said by me on the subject as it will only serve to get them fired up again.

I'm hoping we see Welsh back for this and Ram must be over his thigh injury by now, but it is important we have Devine and Deas back for this game, if so and all is in place we should garner a win.

You’re terrible at this. Gayfield is a million times better for watching a football game than the Caley stadium and everyone knows it, even you do deep down  

Glad Deas is suspended. He’s a cracking player. 

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You’re terrible at this. Gayfield is a million times better for watching a football game than the Caley stadium and everyone knows it, even you do deep down  

As a visiting fan , the day out to Arbroath is miles  ahead of ICT , a good ground to get banter and atmosphere

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm stunned he is still with us. No chance he signs a new deal beyond the end of this season unless we somehow get promoted.

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm stunned he is still with us. No chance he signs a new deal beyond the end of this season unless we somehow get promoted.

He’s always good against us, so is Inverness back 4 usually. Ginger guy Carson is a 7/10 every single time, Ridgers a good keeper, Devine too and then Samuels and McKay a real threat uptop.

Watched highlights v QP and was quite surprised at how many chances they had, looks like they should’ve won

It will be our usual fare against you. Right up and at em but it’s not produced much success in recent seasons. Only good game I can remember us playing against you was the 3-0 one at Gayfield before Covid happened. Every other time ICT have played us well

Not feeling overly confident for Saturday especially with ToB out 

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

This is actually true.  I was at Killie last season and felt totally out of place.  Myself and a friend both ended up cutting the backs of our legs since Killie have a gap between seats that would shame Ryanair.  Horrendous experience.  Likewise stadiums where its pishing with rain or freezing cold, and you can't move for shelter, or move about to warm yourself up.  So aye, you're bang on there.

Compare that to our stadium, where, once you manage to slice your way through the foliage, you can stand where you want, you can move around, and rather than be bored watching the games, wee kids can just play freely and go where they want. 

All that, in a modern, well maintained stadium, which is being improved every single season!  I think the problem might be that Caley Thistle have fallen behind the times.  Like Killie, they have an old school "shove the seats in somewhere" attitude.  In contrast, modern clubs like Arbroath and Celtic look to integrate both standing and seating as part of an optimal modern mix.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

13 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

This is actually true.  I was at Killie last season and felt totally out of place.  Myself and a friend both ended up cutting the backs of our legs since Killie have a gap between seats that would shame Ryanair.  Horrendous experience.  Likewise stadiums where its pishing with rain or freezing cold, and you can't move for shelter, or move about to warm yourself up.  So aye, you're bang on there.

Compare that to our stadium, where, once you manage to slice your way through the foliage, you can stand where you want, you can move around, and rather than be bored watching the games, wee kids can just play freely and go where they want. 

All that, in a modern, well maintained stadium, which is being improved every single season!  

I think it’s a big advantage for us, said it in Morton thread other day it’s the same for them, Ayr the same, few other clubs the same.

There is no way we are getting all the youths in Gayf if they’ve had to be stuck in a seat watching some of the stuff we played February to May last season. Some horrendous fare on show.

The football is secondary for bairns, they have a great day out running about with their pals and eating hot dogs and pies, only interested in the football when were attacking 😂 Used to be exactly the same when I was younger, spent most of the game playing Hunt

But you definitely get hooked on going to the football with grounds like ours. I don’t know if I would still be a supporter just now if I’d grown up going to watch games at a ground like Dumbartons or East Fife’s. Find them utterly depressing, the football would have to be great for me to get hooked 

Think it’s a bit different at the bigger clubs with all seater stands because of the big atmospheres 5/6/7 thousand people can generate at a Dundee, Killie or Dundee United etc.

Caley seem to be doing quite well with the yooofs though there were a lot of them trying their best to make an atmosphere at the play off game. Unfortunately due to the stadiums design the away fans couldn’t hear a peep even though we were only half a pitch away from them

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Watched highlights v QP and was quite surprised at how many chances they had, looks like they should’ve won

I've not seen their highlights but I'd surmise that they are geared towards showing as many of their chances as possible. We also had plenty of opportunities and the game could easily have ended 4 - 4 but for some wasteful finishing, good saves and last ditch blocks. Hopefully Devine is back at least so our backline is a little more organised.

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

I've not seen their highlights but I'd surmise that they are geared towards showing as many of their chances as possible. We also had plenty of opportunities and the game could easily have ended 4 - 4 but for some wasteful finishing, good saves and last ditch blocks. Hopefully Devine is back at least so our backline is a little more organised.

Yeah actually noticed you and a few others say you should’ve won and thought that myself when watching them.

QP seem like a decent enough side in fairness, would love a Murray/Thomas at Gayfield.