🐟 🐟 Arbroath v The Caley 🔴 ⚫

I fancy an away win too right now. ToB missing is huge for us. Young Hancock thrown right in deep end 

I would also get David Gold or James Craigen into the middle of the park with Nicky Low. I thought Jacobs was fine in there but I just think right now the former are maybe better options 

I imagine we will have 2 new signings I mentioned in our thread signed up before this. Striker will start I am guessing. Inverness centre halves should be coming away from this black and blue after being up against him and McKenna. 

Gaston

Jason Thomson

Ricky Little

Colin Hamilton

Mason Hancock 

Scott Stewart 

David Gold

Nicky Low

Bobby Linn

McKenna 

New signing 

Even just typing that out is not the same without ToB in it. Just feel instantly much less solid 

Not feeling enormously confident about this one. ICT were our Kryptonite last season - 1 goal against them in 570 minutes of football and that was with Nouble and Hamilton is some of those games.

Perhaps a completely new strike force might break them down.

Also (aside from a striker) I think we’re desperate for a strong, physical central midfielder. We’re far too powderpuff there at the moment.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Not feeling enormously confident about this one. ICT were our Kryptonite last season - 1 goal against them in 570 minutes of football and that was with Nouble and Hamilton is some of those games.

Perhaps a completely new strike force might break them down.

Also (aside from a striker) I think we’re desperate for a strong, physical central midfielder. We’re far too powderpuff there at the moment.

McKenna can also play centre mid. Maybe an option worth looking at. He might not be as defensively minded but he will 100 percent be box to box and is as perfectly suited to that than near enough anyone. Unbelievable fitness, hard in challenge, physical, gets into box at attacking end of park and is a good all rounder. 

McKenna can also play centre mid. Maybe an option worth looking at. He might not be as defensively minded but he will 100 percent be box to box and is as perfectly suited to that than near enough anyone. Unbelievable fitness, hard in challenge, physical, gets into box at attacking end of park and is a good all rounder. 

I like this.
Without Chris Hamilton in midfield we lack the pace and aggression we had last season. McKenna gives us that but maybe not the defensive cover we will need without ToB.
Fosu did well at Ayr and seems to be enjoying his football. I would try him with Shanks in attack unless an impact loan striker is available.

Its don't like being negative but i feel we are starting this season weeker than we ended last, from what I have seen of Jacobs he just doesn't seem to have the legs, I know it's early days but think wee need to add someone to the middle of park too, Hamilton is a massive loss, 

Hopefully a striker or 2 are added too, 

Wouldn't be against us loaning out a few players too bring a few faces in

46 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Its don't like being negative but i feel we are starting this season weeker than we ended last, from what I have seen of Jacobs he just doesn't seem to have the legs, I know it's early days but think wee need to add someone to the middle of park too, Hamilton is a massive loss, 

Jacobs doesn’t get about the park as well as Hamilton did but he’s still capable

When someone leaves I think it’s always easy to be overly fond of them and maybe over estimate their actual ability. I thought Hamilton did very well in the middle of the park for us when we didn’t have the ball, but whenever we did have the ball he treated it like a hot tattie. David Gold for me is a better all round player, he done well when he had to step in there last season I think he deserves a chance in there again 

When Dowds and Nouble were partnering each other upfront McKenna also stepped back into the middle of the park, he filled in there a lot, played there basically the whole time Nicky Low was out  

Upfront both Jack Hamilton and Nouble were excellent. Nouble the best player I’ve ever seen play for us, literally made Championship defenders look like children. I noticed he gave John Souttar the runaround on Saturday. Jack Hamilton also up there with one of the better strikers I’ve seen at the club. Never going to get anyone in that is up to their level

I don’t think you saying we are weaker than we were last season is negative, it’s just a fact and common sense. I don’t think the miss of Hamilton in the middle of the park is that big though, the main and big difference is Nouble / Jack Hamilton. They 2 made everyone’s job a whole lot easier and made our whole team better 

Jacobs for example has got a much harder job in there than Chris Hamilton ever did, when you had someone like Nouble or Jack Hamilton uptop a ball into the vicinity of either of them and they’d take us all the way up the park. It’s a whole different thing 

1 hour ago, lichtiekev said:

I think we need to see how the loans pan out before we get too despondent. I actually think our squad is at least as good as it was this time last season, some loans aside. Remember, it took Nouble and Dowds, in particular, a while to get up to speed.

The additions so far are mostly positive - Gill looks far superior to Antell, Shanks is very promising and Hancock is, by all accounts, an extremely exciting prospect. The only one who’s disappointed so far is Jacobs but he may come good.

2 or 3 good quality loans in the next week or two and I think we’ll be fine.

We also need to temper our expectations - if fans are expecting another season like last then I fear they’re in for a disappointing time.

As I’ve said already - we’re already 1 point better off than we were at this point last season.

Edited by Tattie36

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

What happened with Bakare?  Remember him looking decent at Connah's Quay.  Did he not really cut it?

He never got a chance.  I think he got one start, where, to be fair, I actually thought he showed signs of being a decent player.  But he didnt get enough chances.  Understandable though, because every game was high pressure for us, and he didnt show enough in his cameo sub appearances to warrant a chance of a start.

I tell you who we miss right now.  Henderson.  He could have slotted into defence, and he was also good in a defensive midfield role.  As good as Hamilton was, I felt that with him in midfield, we weren't able to get the best out of fellow shortarse Nicky Low.

Yeah a bit sick of listening about Hamilton (Chris and jack) and Noubel. They were never our players in the first place. Time to move on.

Solid start on Saturday without playing well at all, we’ll miss Tam no doubt but have to be confident at home against anyone.