Edinburgh City vs Dunfermline Athletic

Football Wise - Dunfermline were dominant from the start and the red card early on just killed off any chance of getting anything out of the game, the rest was just damage control. Mutch getting man of the match was pretty deserved. It’s early on and I’ve not seen enough of other League 1 sides but Dunfermline look like a pretty good bet this season.
Ground Wise - I was sat in the back row of the stand for the first time and the view was alright from back there. From what I could see from there I felt sorry for the Dunfermline Fans in the standing area as it looked awful. There’s too many things blocking views from the dugouts to those big equipment units (or whatever they are) and fans were stood 2 or 3 deep in some areas. I know it’s only short term until we’re allowed to build the stand but you’d hope it should be possible to build some sort of temporary 2 step terracing with a canopy. As someone mentioned above, as we get into winter that area is going to turn into a bit of a swamp.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Half of them probably on the club's Twitter account, trying to find out how they're getting on.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

An absolute shambles of a football ground when you have to check twitter to find out what's going on on the park because your view is restricted by the dugouts.

... and there was me thinking that I was making a throwaway joke.  F***ing hell.

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

... and there was me thinking that I was making a throwaway joke.  F***ing hell.

Aye absolute nightmare, can't have been many places with a complete view of the entire pitch that was also close enough to see the action. 

Didn't see who assisted the first goal so had to check twitter and couldn't tell who scored the 2nd so again was on my phone. Wouldn't recommend.

Also it was a bit weird to search folk and tell folk they couldn't come in with scran out McDonald's when there was big rocks in the ground if you wanted to chuck stuff onto the park and also it would be some throw to reach the astro.

There won’t be many worse grounds in Scotland than that, regardless of the level.  Seeing the old terracing behind the barrier made it a bit tougher as well,  restoring that would make such a massive difference over the lazy last minute effort that’s been pulled together.

Dominant display, but should have been more ruthless in the final 3rd. 

Mehmet had little to do at all. Neither did the centre backs. Annoyed they switched off just after we scored but dealt with everything else just fine.

Comrie and Edwards provided as always an option out wide.

The midfield 3 were all superb, especially Paul Allen he seemed to be involved with everything going forward. Todd was great and Chalmers put in a good showing, even winning a challenge high up at one point. 

Front 3 were a little disappointing. O Hara had a bit of a stinker, Wighton was good but would prefer him more centrally whilst McCann...although he scored twice, his penalty effort was a dud. However, 2 goals and they all did a power of work so fair enough.

Todorov came on and missed numerous great chances. Mochrie looked lively,  great feet and well taken goal. 

Just remember the club is restricted by the council in what they can do - the council have treated the club quite frankly like a piece of shit 

the club want to build a stand in the area where the Dunfermline fans stood but there are house builders who want to build flats behind that area and they have told the club they can’t build the stand until the flats have been built!!!! 

I do get away fans moaning but give us time and hopefully we will sort it but I’ll guessing this is going to be the arrangement for the season at least 

7 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

Did you not wash your hands after? clart

Haha. Just to clarify, I didn’t use the toilets at the ‘stadium’. Kind of assumed the facilities at Meadowbank would be awful, so went to the toilets just before we left the pub before the game.

38 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

I do get away fans moaning but give us time and hopefully we will sort it but I’ll guessing this is going to be the arrangement for the season at least 

The stadium is not fit for purpose and you shouldn’t be playing there until it is. It’s honestly as simple as that. You can have all the plans you like, but until everything is actually there, it shouldn’t be used as a stadium for professional football.

Basically, at the moment, you have the equivalent of putting a 3G pitch and a running track in the middle of a park and saying “we have plans to make this a stadium one day, so we’ll play professional football here and completely disregard away fans.”

Away fans are standing at pitch level, behind dugouts, equipment stores and the other side of a running track. On a patch of grass that already looks really worn and will be a swamp within weeks, unable to see the full pitch from any position around the pitch. Getting charged £18 for that, while home fans get charged the same for a seat in the stand, not having to go near patches of mud and with no obstacles in their way of viewing the pitch.

Give you time? You should have taken the time to make sure it was fit for purpose before moving in. Despite all the sob stories, your club made the decision to move into this stadium either A) without checking it was up to standard or B) knowing it wasn’t up to standard. They’re to blame for the fact you’re playing football at this stadium right now, not the council. The disregard for away supporters at Meadowbank is terrible and the experience was abysmal ona fairly nice day. On a wet/cold day, that is going to be undoubtedly the worst ‘stadium’ in Scottish football for away fans, regardless of what plans are there for the future. It absolutely shouldn’t just be accepted “this is going to be the arrangement for the season”. If that’s the case, it’s not fit for purpose and you should be forced to move your home games elsewhere. 

Edited to add a picture showing the state of the ‘terracing’ - as I say, give it a few weeks and some poor weather and that will be a swamp.

32426CB0-5619-49D5-87DC-46FC264A5C7A.jpeg

Edited by CallumPar

1 hour ago, jacobsladder said:

Just remember the club is restricted by the council in what they can do - the council have treated the club quite frankly like a piece of shit 

the club want to build a stand in the area where the Dunfermline fans stood but there are house builders who want to build flats behind that area and they have told the club they can’t build the stand until the flats have been built!!!! 

The stadium isn't ready and football shouldn't be getting played there until it is.

Reading the posts/pictures on here and social media and it is utterly incredible that the SPFL/SFA have sanctioned that ground for use at this level of football. 

To add insult to injury they’re charging £18 - disgraceful.

If this was the old East of Scotland Edinburgh City FC days we'd have nipped down to B&Q, bought some cement and paving slabs, and got a couple of players to help fan volunteers build a paved standing area 

Of course in these days of the new go ahead, main players, let's change the name of the team, corporate franchise that's beneath them and you might as well bring your wellies.

At least the kids of the families they're hoping to attract can have fun making mud pies 

2 hours ago, jacobsladder said:

If your club had been that bothered they wouldn't have gone to play there, 499 seats was never going to be enough in the third tier, especially if your club has any ambition of attracting fans from the city.

The real sickner was charging £18, if it had been fair pricing it probably would have been worth a fiver, tops.

3 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

My letter to the board - posting here as it makes significant reference to what Dunfermline fans had to put up with

Screenshot_20220807-114454.png

Screenshot_20220807-114517.png

Screenshot_20220807-114534.png

Very good letter, I think you’ve got everything spot on there. But I’m honestly feeling really sorry for you, that your club have made you feel like this. I’m sure you’re one of a number of decent fans your club have had for years that feel the same way.

I genuinely hope that things can change significantly enough at your club, that it can feel like that club you have spent so much time and money following for so long and I hope that happens soon. It’s awful to see the impact a lot of this has had on loyal fans.