Edinburgh City vs Dunfermline Athletic

On 03/08/2022 at 01:50, Arch Stanton said:

Do any of them do a pint of lager for under £4?

In Edinburgh? As we live through a record breaking inflationary period? During the Fringe?

No. But the Hoppy might be the closest.

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Utter nonsense.

Like anyone is going to show up over an hour before kick-off.

B6281EAE-4463-4E09-826B-C1B060F7FC8A.jpeg

Is that the bit of the stand Pars fans are getting? Most of it is beyond the goalline! Edinburgh Leisure, Edinburgh City and the SFA Licence Commitee need to give themselves a shake. 

9 hours ago, CallumPar said:

According to the DAFC website, FC Edinburgh have asked fans to arrive between 1pm and 2pm to guarantee entry prior to kickoff 🤣 what a farce.

Utterly incredible,  we knew they were a joke club but ffs, I consider myself being early and well prepared arriving 15 mins before KO,  If there’s fans arriving 20 mins + before KO not getting in on time there will be chaos.

Is that just for fans buying tickets for the stand? Surely doesn't apply to those buying tickets for the standing area?

Regardless, why the f**k are folk needing to arrive over an hour before the game kicks off?! What are folk going to do for an hour (or more!) sitting around in a pishy wee stand?

Glad I won't be going. Looking increasingly horrendous.

This is where fan engagement should be a much bigger consideration in Scotland. 

Bring back alcohol to sell at outlets in the ground, even if it's only until kick off and not allowed at the seats, whatever. That'd be a start at least. 

Just have things for fans to do ffs. Have screens with highlights of old games? PS5 area? Beat the goalie? Meet a former player?  I'm sure between the few of us on here we could come up with a huge list. 

No going anywhere near this. What a shambles.

No classing this as a ground I've not been to, because I've been to old Meadowbank on the same site and secondly I don't think the tinpot set-up deserves to be called a football ground.

Utter nonsense.
Like anyone is going to show up over an hour before kick-off.
B6281EAE-4463-4E09-826B-C1B060F7FC8A.jpeg.51df7e9124cac625bd5169c0eaa4c739.jpeg

Probably expecting queues with only the 2 turnstiles, although might be 1 at the other end of the building, I’m not sure. They did have issues getting everyone in on time whenever we had a crowd of over 1000 at Ainslie Park and usually had to delay the game. Asking folk to arrive 2 hours before is a bit extreme though.

This is just a complete shambles now. Wish I hadn't bothered, but made a pact with the wee man to go to every single game this season, so can't be letting family down! The things we do for the Pars. 

2 turnstyles at a generous rate of 1 person through each in ten seconds with say a 600 travelling support, that's half an hour to get everyone through. 

Given that some people will arrive early should ease those numbers a bit. 

Realistically, if the ticket scanners (?) are working it should be completely fine even accounting for anyone dittering around with the barcode. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Is that the bit of the stand Pars fans are getting? Most of it is beyond the goalline! Edinburgh Leisure, Edinburgh City and the SFA Licence Commitee need to give themselves a shake. 

I think the perspective of that diagram is a bit off.  It's not a great view but it's not as bad as that.0_Meadowbank-pitchjpeg.jpg.651bd6336577efb401cd478900d68a62.jpg

I'm going to ask a really stupid question but is that it? I'm trying to look online to see if there's a stand similar size-wise to what they tore down but can't see anything? So has Edinburgh given up on hosting decent sized athletics events....?

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm going to ask a really stupid question but is that it? I'm trying to look online to see if there's a stand similar size-wise to what they tore down but can't see anything? So has Edinburgh given up on hosting decent sized athletics events....?

Aye, that's it. There were plans for a temporary stand opposite, in the standing area where (most of) the Pars support will be based tomorrow, but there have been 'issues' around that.

Some people are saying we're standing right behind the dugouts, some are saying it's behind the goals. At this point I'm starting to think we'll have to be swinging on the high jump bars to see anything. 

Edited by DAFC.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Is that just for fans buying tickets for the stand? Surely doesn't apply to those buying tickets for the standing area?

Regardless, why the f**k are folk needing to arrive over an hour before the game kicks off?! What are folk going to do for an hour (or more!) sitting around in a pishy wee stand?

Glad I won't be going. Looking increasingly horrendous.

720 standing tickets and only 499 seats in the stand. So I can’t see why it would take longer to get fans in the stand into the ground? Could be wrong though. Shambolic either way.

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Some people are saying we're standing right behind the dugouts, some are saying it's behind the goals. At this point I'm starting to think we'll have to be swinging on the high jump bars to see anything. 

I’m assuming we’ll be standing anywhere around the pitch - can’t see how else they can get 720 people in, with no terracing. Although, based on pictures, the railings we’ll be standing behind are the other side of the running track. So behind the goals, you’re probably further away from the pitch than you would be at the back of the Norrie - and at pitch level. You’ll also (presumably) be looking through javelin, pole vault, high jump equipment etc. Along the side of the pitch, you have to try and look through the dugouts. None of it sounds like an enjoyable experience.

Genuinely feel sorry for fans coming through for this one. It's not all the club's fault - Edinburgh Leisure are an absolute joke and have been no help whatsover but it just smacks of how little thought is given to the fan experience in this country.

The set up would have been okay when we were East of Scotland and Lowland, we might have got away with it for a bit in League 2 but it's just nowhere near viable for League 1 football. 

On the bright side the weather forecast looks good.