Edinburgh City vs Dunfermline Athletic

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

If this was the old East of Scotland Edinburgh City FC days we'd have nipped down to B&Q, bought some cement and paving slabs, and got a couple of players to help fan volunteers build a paved standing area 

Of course in these days of the new go ahead, main players, let's change the name of the team, corporate franchise that's beneath them and you might as well bring your wellies.

At least the kids of the families they're hoping to attract can have fun making mud pies 

Always enjoy a game I can wear the Hunters to.

52 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

My letter to the board - posting here as it makes significant reference to what Dunfermline fans had to put up with

Screenshot_20220807-114454.png

Screenshot_20220807-114517.png

Screenshot_20220807-114534.png

Ally, thank you for publishing your letter here. Without question, it is hands down the best and most heartfelt and accurate summary of how the vast majority of City fans are feeling at the moment. You have shown tremendous loyalty and financial commitment to shell out for a season ticket which could equate to just 45 minutes use. We are indeed a laughing stock. 

Also Kudos to the many Dunfermline fans who have given a decent summary of their experience yesterday. 

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

My letter to the board - posting here as it makes significant reference to what Dunfermline fans had to put up with

Screenshot_20220807-114454.png

Screenshot_20220807-114517.png

Screenshot_20220807-114534.png

Superb letter Ally! 👍

I'd normally jump in and defend the club if anything bad is said about us...

But on this occasion I just can't!

The move to Meadowbank has been an absolute shambles!

It's rare in football to get Home fans agreeing with away fans about anything, but we all feel the same about this subject.

At the end of the day we're all just guys looking for a decent day out on a Saturday, visiting different grounds which should have (at least) average facilities with a decent view of the game. Both sets of fans fail to receive that at Meadowbank sadly!😥

Screenshot_20220807-114454.thumb.png.f813e67bdae3ceaffab4a7005631dec0.png
Screenshot_20220807-114517.thumb.png.57b251bfed8303896b781460336e9030.png
Screenshot_20220807-114534.thumb.png.b2a6110d9957c815f348ae94e2ae653b.png

As a fellow season ticket holder, I wholeheartedly agree with the majority of the above. Yesterdays reports from Dunfermline fans were indefensible and we can’t continue to treat fans like this. Between the name change and the ground issues we’ve become a National laughing stock within the football community. Temporary measurements need to be put in place to improve the viewing and conditions in the standing area before the Falkirk game or we have to look into moving to another ground until such things are in place or the new stand is finally built.

One of the Pars fans over on dafc.net (and a sensible one, not a loony) was saying that when they got in through the turnstiles (which were split into a standing one and a seated one but then back to being a free for all once they were through bizarrely) they went looking for toilets. Assuming they were in the leisure centre block, he wandered up the back of the stand and opened a door. Behind which were three match officials just getting ready to come onto the pitch. The referee had a bit of a laugh about it but I'd imagine it'll be in his match report to the SFA...

Did they get a license to have more than the original 499 limit mentioned it seems totally unviable to accommodate clubs with a bigger travelling support. The arrangement for standing looks horrendous but other facilities like toilets should not be allowed to continue. Make the games closed doors if they cannot provide acceptable facilities  

19 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

It has been mentioned previously when we weren't sure Meadowbank was going to be ready for the League Cup fixtures.

Must be frustrating when you see events like the Tattoo or Open where temporary stands go up in a tight wee world heritage site, huge crowds flow in an out no bother… and FC Edinburgh/Council can’t get something small-scale organised. Meadowbank is such a big open space by Edinburgh standards too. 

In terms of moving etc, when Queens Park had to move to Airdrie because Hampden was hosting the Commonwealth Games, didn't they have to play the whole season (or at least play everyone once at Airdrie) for some kind of "Sporting Integrity" wheeze? Are Queens Park playing all their games away from Lesser Hampden this season or can they move in as soon as its done?

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

In terms of moving etc, when Queens Park had to move to Airdrie because Hampden was hosting the Commonwealth Games, didn't they have to play the whole season (or at least play everyone once at Airdrie) for some kind of "Sporting Integrity" wheeze? Are Queens Park playing all their games away from Lesser Hampden this season or can they move in as soon as its done?

Think Queens Park are hoping to move to Lessser Hampden in January/February.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Would be interested to see what would happen of FC Edinburgh got through the relevant rounds in the cup and drew Hearts or Hibs at home.

They wouldn’t cope, simple as,  we brought a reasonable but nothing special support and just about sold the place out with a handful watching from the old banking outside the current ground barriers,   Hearts, hibs, OF etc they wouldn’t have any hope of containing significant number of fans unable to get a ticket but chancing it.  Other grounds in the past like Dumbarton where an expected number of fans who couldn’t get tickets may look for alternative viewing points have done things like shutting roads and having an early ticket check,  but London road can’t just be shut for 100 yards either side,  and medowbank has  larger and better uncontrolled viewing points than most places. 

I simply have no idea how anyone on the licensing committee has signed the place off

There was genuinely nothing stopping you from walking in to the changing rooms when I first walked in to the ground. I am bemused as to how this place has been given the go ahead. Dread to think what it will be like in the winter when standing on the grass. Will be like a trench. 

Edited by DAFC.

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Perhaps worth noting the 2nd fixture for this is the 7th January.

No chance I’ll be going, unless things change significantly between now and then. The experience was awful when we won 3-0 on a nice day. Imagine going there in the wet/cold of January and barely being able to see the game, whilst standing in muddy puddles. They’ll still be charging £18 for that misery as well. It’s disappointing, as I rarely miss an away game on the central belt and this should be a perfect excuse for a day out. Nice easy train ride, lots of pubs in Edinburgh and not too far from the centre. But they seem to be doing everything they can to make the experience as awful as possible for away fans.

They’d be better trying to explore the possibility of putting up fencing on the inside of the running track, to allow fans to stand on the track. If they can’t work out anything else, that would still be much better than what the arrangements were on Saturday.