Edinburgh City vs Dunfermline Athletic

Pleasing win. Sounds like we played pretty well, and good that Mochrie scored on his debut. Apparently we missed load of chances, but good that we're creating them.

Solid start, especially when missing Hamilton and Dorrans, and when potentially missing another signing or two.

Well that was very good, well on top even before the red card and could have easily been 5 or 6. Thought Wighton was very poor on the left as was O'Hara on the right, we need some natural wingers in. Matty Todd and Paul Allan were outstanding, Todd has some engine on him and good to see Allan getting 2 assists from great deliveries. Delighted for McCann, his pen was as poor you'll see but took both his goals well, he'll be a big player for us this season. Bene solid and constantly marshalling everyone in front of him. Overall very pleasing especially with Hamilton still to come in and Dorrans when he's fit.

Edited by VinnyPar

34 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Walked out at half time. I gave it a chance but I just don't think it's for me.

Is it just the stadium (assume so as you have an ok team I think, result today apart)?

If so, the owners/directors of Fc Edinburgh should take notice if fans like you have had it. You seem entirely reasonable and have ponied up for a season ticket so you have paid already.

I was at the Cowden game, and found it a very weird atmosphere, I wouldn’t really enjoy that every other week.

Edited by Cowdenleith

I think for us that was a “hi Edinburgh we’re Dunfermline welcome to league one “ sort of game 

The Pars were a level above Kelty and had most of possession- the sending off didn’t help at all - so we learn from it and try and improve- Alloa away next Saturday- that should be a good one 

18 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Is it just the stadium (assume so as you have an ok team I think, result today apart)?

If so, the owners/directors of Fc Edinburgh should take notice if fans like you have had it. You seem entirely reasonable and have ponied up for a season ticket so you have paid already.

I was at the Cowden game, and found it a very weird atmosphere, I wouldn’t really enjoy that every other week.

It's the stadium on top of everything else I think. Just cumulatively rubbish. I'm going to email the board over the next few days. Felt pretty close to having a real pop at the chairman today so best I took myself down the road

Got to the ground at 2:10. Got in fairly quickly. They had one turnstile for seating, one for standing. Bizarrely though, there was no barrier or segregation on the other side. So they’d have been much better off just having 2 turnstiles and trying to split the crowd equally between the 2. 

Tried to scope out the ‘stadium’ once we were in and quickly realised only way to see the game without a massively restricted view was at one of the corners.. On the ‘terracing’ across from the stand, you can’t see at least 50% of the pitch because of the dugouts. At each end of the pitch, there are 7ft tall equipment stores, that also block the view of the pitch. Stewards tried to stop you going behind the goals at the far end of the pitch from the turnstiles, despite that being one of the better views of the pitch. But the young team outnumbered them to go there for the first half. It’s almost impossible not to get a ‘restricted view’ though. Also worth noting that fans are genuinely just standing on grass. On a wet day, this will be horrible and muddy underfoot. The grass was quite bare today, after a month or two, it will be dirt. Then in winter, will just be ridiculously muddy.

On the game, it almost felt like an anticlimax, it was just a training match towards the end and Robbie Mutch deservedly got named man of the match, for preventing it being 7/8-0. Even before the red card, Edinburgh offered next to nothing and it always looked like we’d win comfortably.

Completely dominant display. It really could have been double figures if we had anyone decent at finishing. Todorov could have had a hat trick when he came on. McCann could have had about 4 as well and O’Hara really should have been on the score sheet with the amount of chances he had. Still, another good win and zero goals conceded. Pleasing. Oh, and Lolkirk got absolutely fucking roasted. Some laugh.

On 05/08/2022 at 09:50, da_no_1 said:

I'm going to ask a really stupid question but is that it? I'm trying to look online to see if there's a stand similar size-wise to what they tore down but can't see anything? So has Edinburgh given up on hosting decent sized athletics events....?

Leaving the stand inadequacy completely to one side, the new stadium isn't even able to host Scottish Men's League athletics meetings. That's with zero spectators: the venue for two memorable Commonwealth Games athletics events can't be used for senior club athletics.

Also, the indoor arena structural metalwork is too low for decent pole vaulting.

The shot area within the track is a marvel of unique "design", and the vault runway has a crosswind under the prevailing wind.

Other than that, it's not an enormous downgrade on what was there before.

Edited by sugna
Typo

An absolute shambles of a football ground when you have to check twitter to find out what's going on on the park because your view is restricted by the dugouts. 

Not worth £18 and would never go back, pleasing to get a win in what felt like a training session.