Edinburgh City vs Dunfermline Athletic

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It is the club's responsibility 100% to have a suitable stadium to play at. If Edinburgh Leisure are not willing to provide that ground at Meadowbank then the club should not have agreed to play there.

I don't disagree. That's why I said it wasn't all the club's fault. The ground would have been fine/passable with the new stand (very basic structure that could go up in a matter of days and we did have plannign permission for it) and it was only after the regulatory submission to the SFA was made that it transpired the stand couldn't be built. The club have been naive in taking Edinburgh Leisure's word for it and neglignet in not arranging a contingency. 

Visiting fans are right to be annoyed and right not come. The club have to face up to that.

19 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Genuinely feel sorry for fans coming through for this one. It's not all the club's fault - Edinburgh Leisure are an absolute joke and have been no help whatsover but it just smacks of how little thought is given to the fan experience in this country.

The set up would have been okay when we were East of Scotland and Lowland, we might have got away with it for a bit in League 2 but it's just nowhere near viable for League 1 football. 

On the bright side the weather forecast looks good.

Work with a City fan, who has kept me up to date and am aware of the frustrations that the fans have. Also aware of the issues with Edinburgh Leisure/Council as well as (I believe) house builders. Nightmare situation for the club, most of which is no fault of their own. However, they also haven’t covered themselves in glory with the lack of communication/clarity around this game.

For example, we’re still guessing about where we’re going to be standing and haven’t actually been told where we enter the ground? It wouldn’t have taken much to add to the diagram on the DAFC website (which I’m assuming City provided?) to show where turnstiles are and where the standing fans will be. The fact they seem so reluctant to say anything on that, makes me worry that the view will be even worse than most of us expect. The messages on arriving ridiculously early makes me wonder if they will only have a couple of people scanning tickets, making no extra effort to accommodate a larger crowd. If that’s the case, the club will quite rightly be criticised for that.

Hopefully I’m back on here tomorrow evening saying that I got this all wrong and praising your club for handling things much better than expected.

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

So has Edinburgh given up on hosting decent sized athletics events....?

Yes. For around 20 years there was a new years cross country race series at Holyrood Park that used to attract Mo Farah, Laura Muir etc. Council withdrew the £100k funding for that a few years ago so it folded.

As witnessed by the sh*tshow that is Meadowbank, lack of any decent indoor concert facilities for more than 2,000 people, it is clear that the Council / Edinburgh Leisure are not interested / incapable of supporting any kind of spectator events in the City. Glasgow is decades ahead by comparison due to the Commonwealth Games legacy. 

Good luck to all the Pars fans attending tomorrow. An unlikely City win could rub salt into what is looking like a lousy day out compared to your usual matchday. 

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

This is where fan engagement should be a much bigger consideration in Scotland. 

Bring back alcohol to sell at outlets in the ground, even if it's only until kick off and not allowed at the seats, whatever. That'd be a start at least. 

Just have things for fans to do ffs. Have screens with highlights of old games? PS5 area? Beat the goalie? Meet a former player?  I'm sure between the few of us on here we could come up with a huge list. 

Fan engagement Stellaboz? You mean like consultation with supporters of 27 years standing before they change the club name, that kind of thing? 

Naw, it'll never catch on! 

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Good luck to all the Pars fans attending tomorrow. An unlikely City win could rub salt into what is looking like a lousy day out compared to your usual matchday.

We have 2 wins from our last 30 league games away from home.  You've maybe over-estimated the enjoyment we get from our usual matchday experience...

Going to be interesting to find out what happens here. 700 Pars fans pissed up after a day out in the capital, a shambles to get in the ground, some sitting by shitey running track, some standing under trees behind a fence. Could be utter carnage.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A single entry point for every single fan. That will be why they want folk to turn up early presumably.

Yeah it's 2 turnstiles in total. A shambles.

Looks like there's portable toilets and an extra food van on the East side of the stadium at least.

21 hours ago, CallumPar said:

According to the DAFC website, FC Edinburgh have asked fans to arrive between 1pm and 2pm to guarantee entry prior to kickoff 🤣 what a farce.

That is an absolute joke, who is going to the ground to stand from 1pm - 5pm.

I'm not being funny but why did Edinburgh try to get promoted when the clearly don't have facilities suitable?  Surely you would do some investment into the ground before trying to get crowds bigger than 100 in. I know it was bullshit the minimum capacity rule in the SPL but the SPFL should at least ensure the grounds can accommodate the capacity, it's 1700 people we are talking about not millions of folk.

6 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Going to be interesting to find out what happens here. 700 Pars fans pissed up after a day out in the capital, a shambles to get in the ground, some sitting by shitey running track, some standing under trees behind a fence. Could be utter carnage.

Aye I’ll be expecting some interesting reading tomorrow night 

They need to go back to Ainslie Park. That place is a joke

10 hours ago, AllyMonc said:
1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I want first-hand accounts written like you survived Vietnam for those going.

:lol: I quite like that idea! 

I survived a game at Eyemouth on top of a cliff in January years ago with the wind whipping off the North Sea- that was our Vietnam!

I have a ticket for this (rashly purchased last Saturday evening before plans changed) and shall not be attending.

Happy to send the screenshot of it to anyone who wants it. No cost.

Edited by DA Baracus

I have a ticket for this (rashly purchased last Saturday evening before plans changed) and shall not be attending.
Nah yer OK. Wouldn't take it even if it came with a free pie and bus trip over

52 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

^^ Screenshat it

10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I want first-hand accounts written like you survived Vietnam for those going.

I’ll do my best writing a post with a timeline of events, making sure it sounds as overdramatic as possible. In the interest of fairness, if any part of the experience is even semi-enjoyable, I’ll big up City, as if it’s really impressive that they have the most basic facilities/processes in place. That seems unlikely though.

Really hoping for a late Pars winner, which would make for a really dramatic/heroic escape from this hellish captivity, where football fans have been treated like prisoners of war. Although, a draw or defeat will certainly make sure that the experience sounds as horrific as possible.