Edinburgh City vs Dunfermline Athletic

11 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Better view than if you're in the first row of the stand at least! 

Not really. Went round that side tonight at Leith game and dugouts block the view of the goals. View was not goad at all. Also looks like some fans will be behind the goals which is a long way from the pitch. No chance I would be paying £18. Ground just does not look fit for league football. 

Edited by Jute

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Pars fans, your view awaits. (behind green barriers behind the dugouts)IMG_20220802_193901829.thumb.jpg.d7a33e59994e4591600868a84ea026ab.jpg

Enjoy.

Aye, making the right choice to give this one a wide berth.

Better using your £18 and going to see something decent at the Fringe if it's a day out in Edinburgh you're after.

On 01/08/2022 at 14:11, AllyMonc said:

I've been negative enough about the viability of the current stadium and the absurdity of the name change on our own thread so just to say that (unlike Ainslie Park) there are plenty of good pub options nearby for Saturday, a select few below:

The Mash Tun - on Easter Rd, shows the early game if that's your thing and does food as well (15ish minutes to Meadowbank)

The Artisan - on London Rd, shows the early game and the horses. No food but decent pints (10ish minutes to Meadowbank)

Safari Lounge - on London Rd, no sport on TV but nice place, does pretty decent food (10ish minutes to Meadowbank)

The Hoppy - on Marionville Rd, shows the early game, basically just a good football pub (2 minutes to Meadowbank)

Limelite - Jocks Lodge, football and cheap (for Edinburgh) pints. (8ish minutes to Meadowbank)

There are others obviously but I think any of the above would meet most of your needs. Hoppy for me I think.

Do any of them do a pint of lager for under £4?

14 hours ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

True, that was just an example but we also saw it a couple times at the start of a couple seasons under AJ and those attempts were also a bit of a disaster.

Again, it’s a new management team so maybe they could be more successful, I’m just not convinced it’s the best setup for us. Effectively trading shoehorning our forwards into a front 3, for shoehorning our defenders into a back 3.

There isn't a single formation with the current group of players that doesn't force at least a few players into unsuited positions  

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Pars fans, your view awaits. (behind green barriers behind the dugouts)IMG_20220802_193901829.thumb.jpg.d7a33e59994e4591600868a84ea026ab.jpg

Enjoy.

Medowbank continuing to be a shithole, I'm incredibly shocked.  Hard to believe those that built an absolute dump of a ground with years of planning do also did a shit job with a rushed standing area.  You would have at least thought they'd have put some banking in? 

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Aye, making the right choice to give this one a wide berth.

Better using your £18 and going to see something decent at the Fringe if it's a day out in Edinburgh you're after.

Planning on both but fully expect 3-5 to be the worse 2 hours.

Edited by parsforlife

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Imagine if Peter Grant or John Hughes were still our manager with the fans being that close to the dugouts...

Meadowbank was the scene of one of Jocky Scott’s fan-interactions. He simply flicked the V’s in response to abuse he was getting. 

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Meadowbank was the scene of one of Jocky Scott’s fan-interactions. He simply flicked the V’s in response to abuse he was getting. 

Have no issue with the fans getting told to shut their puss when they're just shouting abuse at a manager or the players tbf.

Always hilarious when supporters cry in outrage after calling someone every name under the sun.

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Andy Smith is one of the best strikers the club has ever had. A great, great player for us and a genuine legend.

Aye, the mid to late 90s Pars tops were all pretty tremendous.

Andy breaking the goalie's nose. Some others with Pars connections.

10 hours ago, Jute said:

Not really. Went round that side tonight at Leith game and dugouts block the view of the goals. View was not good at all.

Fans shouldn't be allowed near the dug-outs anyway.

They should have that bit blocked off.

Edited by Tenkay

2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Fans shouldn't be allowed near the dug-outs anyway.

They should have that bit blocked off.

Suspect you are right and they will be behind the goals which will leave you with running track and high jump area between the fans and the pitch. The equipment boxes for the athletics will block part of the view if they are left where they were last night but not sure where they could be moved to. 

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Suspect you are right and they will be behind the goals which will leave you with running track and high jump area between the fans and the pitch. The equipment boxes for the athletics will block part of the view if they are left where they were last night but not sure where they could be moved to. 

Could just start doing box jumps, see who can get the highest, especially if (most probably) the game is dung. 

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

I was at that game too. Think Andy went through 2 keepers. 

He did- I was at the game too. It was rather amusing! 

Smith took out Espin Baardsen who was actually a £1.25 million player (Spurs to Watford in 2000). He retired at 25 claiming to have lost interest in football.. 

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

He did- I was at the game too. It was rather amusing! 

Smith took out Espin Baardsen who was actually a £1.25 million player (Spurs to Watford in 2000). He retired at 25 claiming to have lost interest in football.. 

Big Andy Smith ending careers.