Edinburgh City vs Dunfermline Athletic

Better hope there isn't a monsoon...

I was at the last meeting between the two sides in the Scottish Cup. I don't think the present board were. A repeat of the scoreline would be funny but I can't see it.

Got to do some work on Saturday so will miss this top of the table clash between the two city clubs with 100% records. If we keep up our standard of crossing from Saturday then it would take a brave fan to park anywhere around Marionville Rd/Wishaw Terr/London Rd. 

0-0

49 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I was at the last meeting between the two sides in the Scottish Cup. I don't think the present board were. A repeat of the scoreline would be funny but I can't see it.

Seeing as the last meeting between the sides in the Scottish Cup ended in a 7-2 win for the Pars, I'd agree it would be funny.

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

You thinking league cup?  I remember a 1-0 win for you at Ainslie park.  We were woeful that day.

to be fair, we can be woeful on many days.

Robertson looks handy for Edinburgh. I think Edinburgh have added some solid players for this level, so I'd be expecting a tough game.

The new stadium looks utter turd. Am I tripping, or are we only getting something like 150 tickets? Or should there be plenty of tickets available? Surely they aren't sticking with 500 forever and there are plans to build further seating?  

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Robertson looks handy for Edinburgh. I think Edinburgh have added some solid players for this level, so I'd be expecting a tough game.

The new stadium looks utter turd. Am I tripping, or are we only getting something like 150 tickets? Or should there be plenty of tickets available? Surely they aren't sticking with 500 forever and there are plans to build further seating?  

Capacity upgraded to 1500 before the weekend. Not entirely sure what the new stand looks like at all but certainly all Pars fans that want to go should be able to. I can't make it so haven't kept an eye on ticket sales but I'd imagine a good few hundred will go.

46 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Capacity upgraded to 1500 before the weekend. Not entirely sure what the new stand looks like at all but certainly all Pars fans that want to go should be able to. I can't make it so haven't kept an eye on ticket sales but I'd imagine a good few hundred will go.

Yes, there will be standing available. The new stand is pish, try and get a back row seat. Maximum capacity is 1,280. I can safely say that there will be more away fans than home, so enjoy your day out. 

Nice to have a top of the table clash this early in the season, eh? 🤣

In fairness, Edinburgh's win at NCP on Saturday was pretty impressive. Kelty's home record last season was brilliant, to go there and get a good win is a great start for EC. I think Kelty's hiring of John Potter will ne a bad thing for them. Like JP, really good guy but I think he's better as a No 2.

720 standing tickets we’ve been allocated….

I'm assuming that season ticket holders will get first dibs on our allocation? Can see us shifting the lot tbf. Maybe would have been different if we lost on Saturday, but can now actually see us selling out the allocation fairly comfortably. 

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I'm assuming that season ticket holders will get first dibs on our allocation? Can see us shifting the lot tbf. Maybe would have been different if we lost on Saturday, but can now actually see us selling out the allocation fairly comfortably. 

They have been on sale a few days now by Edinburgh city who today have come out with "Dunfermline are issuing away tickets" it's turning into a farce.

I've been negative enough about the viability of the current stadium and the absurdity of the name change on our own thread so just to say that (unlike Ainslie Park) there are plenty of good pub options nearby for Saturday, a select few below:

The Mash Tun - on Easter Rd, shows the early game if that's your thing and does food as well (15ish minutes to Meadowbank)

The Artisan - on London Rd, shows the early game and the horses. No food but decent pints (10ish minutes to Meadowbank)

Safari Lounge - on London Rd, no sport on TV but nice place, does pretty decent food (10ish minutes to Meadowbank)

The Hoppy - on Marionville Rd, shows the early game, basically just a good football pub (2 minutes to Meadowbank)

Limelite - Jocks Lodge, football and cheap (for Edinburgh) pints. (8ish minutes to Meadowbank)

There are others obviously but I think any of the above would meet most of your needs. Hoppy for me I think.

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

The only stand is the shitty one by the side of the pitch. The other side will be standing, on a bit of roped off grass.

2 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Mind when the Edinburgh City boy jumped up and grabbed the ball out of the air? Think he got a red. Long time ago that.

No, but I mind Willie Miller of Hibs doing that.

32 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Nope. Tickers have been on sale for a couple of days now. Anyone can buy them.

Edited by DA Baracus

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

They have been on sale a few days now by Edinburgh city who today have come out with "Dunfermline are issuing away tickets" it's turning into a farce.

FFS what the hell is going on? There is no transparency at all with either club. 

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

FFS what the hell is going on? There is no transparency at all with either club. 

Pars emailed season ticket holders with a link to buy tickets on Saturday morning. Also been openly talked about here and on social media, with regards to how to find them on fanbase. Away tickets are available in the ‘events’ section of FC Edinburgh’s page on the app.