Albion Rovers vs Dumbarton

Our first competitive visit to Cliftonhill since a 1-1 draw in April 2012. Sons will be hoping we can build on our opening day win against Stirling while Rovers will be looking for their first points of the season after a narrow defeat at Stenhousemuir.

Discuss.

10 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Cliftonhill is quite possibly my favourite venue in Scottish football and usually one of my go-to grounds when we aren't playing. I'm far more excited than I should be for this.

Since the demise of Boghead and Firs Park it's mine too.

40 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Do it.

Tbh it’s pretty selfish of them to schedule the ceremony for when we’re playing.

Also if it was my wedding, I’d never stand in the way of anyone and their team. Unless it was the Old Firm, maybe.

57 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Tbh it’s pretty selfish of them to schedule the ceremony for when we’re playing.

Also if it was my wedding, I’d never stand in the way of anyone and their team. Unless it was the Old Firm, maybe.

You will never get a better chance to see a town even worse than Dumbarton.

I believe the weather is to be dry on Saturday too,.

Do it.

6 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

You will never get a better chance to see a town even worse than Dumbarton.

I believe the weather is to be dry on Saturday too,.

Do it.

Woah, hang on. I’m thinking of moving to Dumbarton because you can buy a flat for about 50p.  Now you tell me it’s rough?!

Edited by FifeSons

9 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Woah, hang on. I’m thinking of moving to Dumbarton because you can buy a flat for about 50p.  Now you tell me it’s rough?!

Recently bought our first house... I'd recommend looking in Clydebank because the same houses were going for thousands less. When we looked into it, Dumbarton was one of the top up and coming areas in the country apparently! 😲🎉

57 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Recently bought our first house... I'd recommend looking in Clydebank because the same houses were going for thousands less. When we looked into it, Dumbarton was one of the top up and coming areas in the country apparently! 😲🎉

Precise location seems to be everything because West Dunbartonshire was recently reported as being one of the very few Scottish local authorities to register a fall in average house prices over the last year.

As an example of the variances here, a company owned by the Easdale brothers is to build a development of upmarket homes on a piece of land sandwiched between the local authority-built areas of Brucehill and Westcliff.  That will make for an interesting average price in that part of Dumbarton.

Would echo that it's a ground I enjoy visiting and a club I have a soft spot for given we were lodgers for a while. 

How weird is it to be looking forward to a match day?!!!

Oops, didn't mean to turn this into the West Dunbartonshire property thread. Seemingly there are some very nice flats being built across from the rock.

Anyway, even if we win this one, I still won't be getting carried away. I remember us winning our first few games in Fairley's last season, which ended up being a disaster, and obviously we started last season well, too. Having Gray and Wallace back should help, but I think it'll be a tough game. I don't think Albion Rovers will be the whipping boys a lot of people seem to expect, this season.

Edited by FifeSons

45 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Oops, didn't mean to turn this into the West Dunbartonshire property thread. Seemingly there are some very nice flats being built across from the rock.

Anyway, even if we win this one, I still won't be getting carried away. I remember us winning our first 3 games in Fairley's last season which ended up being a disaster, and obviously we started last season well, too. Having Gray and Wallace back should help, but I think it'll be a tough game. I don't think Albion Rovers will be the whipping boys a lot of people seem to expect, this season.

Based on Faz's post match comments about welcome headaches and players holding onto jerseys, I think we might see an unchanged starting team, with increased numbers on the bench.