Airdrieonians vs Falkirk - 06/08/22

4 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I'm simply referring to your public lack of comprehension of the set of numbers presented and your volatile reaction in relation to them.

You're probably more than used to being on your relations but I believe in relation is the term you are referring to.

Amended it for you tho x

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

Are you inferring my name is Hovel or Airdrie is a hovel? Literacy also proving a barrier I see.

Quite obviously Airdrie is a hovel judging by my use of a lower case H you absolute simpleton.

HAHA 

Poor Falkirk, slipping and sliding on a football pitch 😂

“I swear he didn’t fall! The artificial pitch gobbled him up… he would have scored! COYB”

4-0, NO EVEN A BIG DEAL PUMPING YOU LOT ANYMORE. GENUINELY FEAR THE LIKES OF EDINBURGH FC OVER YOU LOT, TINPOT

15 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

HAHA 

Poor Falkirk, slipping and sliding on a football pitch 😂

“I swear he didn’t fall! The artificial pitch gobbled him up… he would have scored! COYB”

4-0, NO EVEN A BIG DEAL PUMPING YOU LOT ANYMORE. GENUINELY FEAR THE LIKES OF EDINBURGH FC OVER YOU LOT, TINPOT

You're going to hurt yourself shouting and bawling like that. Blood pressure stratospheric. Calm down sweetpea, it's just a game of football. You'll get to see Falkirk again soon.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You're going to hurt yourself shouting and bawling like that. Blood pressure stratospheric. Calm down sweetpea, it's just a game of football. You'll get to see Falkirk again soon.

Can’t wait, guaranteed 3 points nd endless Falkirk tears 😭😂 

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

No surprise that every one of our match threads down here is reasonable, until we play the Airdrie mutants. Just an extremely odd bunch, seemingly without fail. 

It was already derailed pre match by a number of Falkirk fans, and rightly so if you dish it out pre match and get a 4-0 tanking you are going to get it back. Of course after much deliberation the 4 goals were lucky, a 4-0 pumping isn't actually a pumping and you brought loads of fans so I don't know why the SPFL haven't awarded you lot with the win but we move.

1 minute ago, KD1711 said:

It was already derailed pre match by a number of Falkirk fans, and rightly so if you dish it out pre match and get a 4-0 tanking you are going to get it back. Of course after much deliberation the 4 goals were lucky, a 4-0 pumping isn't actually a pumping and you brought loads of fans so I don't know why the SPFL haven't awarded you lot with the win but we move.

Think if we'd have just pumped a much larger club, I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist over whether or not a goal or 2 were lucky. Each to their own, I guess

25 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Think if we'd have just pumped a much larger club, I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist over whether or not a goal or 2 were lucky. Each to their own, I guess

4-0 is 4-0, a tanking regardless if goals were lucky or not. 

30 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Move on,    no still a couple of days to e joy the victory sure!y....

Conor Mcgregor World GIF

Regards the 'luck' of the goals, I actually think the Falkirk Daft podcast covered the salient point well; Airdrie had attackers in positions to punish poor defending/moments of luck. Falkirk don't appear to have anyone like that in their squad at the moment, despite their obvious advantage over Airdrie in terms of budget, which ought to raise serious questions regards the recruitment failure of their manager and/or recruitment team. No doubt it is. 

Had any moments of bad defending/lucky brakes been given up by the Diamonds' defence, nobody in a Falkirk jersey would have been in position to capitalise, because despite being down here for a bazillion years, they don't seem to know how to sign a league one goalscorer. They get guys who fall over, instead (Alegria, not the precious Donaldson, before his lawyers jump in. So pleased that made the highlights by the by, really top stuff)

One of several reasons we've regularly cantered to wins; we recruit better with less resource. What's the point of that mahoosive support if a succession of managers keep spunking the budget on utterly guff players? The defence had been sorted this time, we were told, and I even believed it, until I watched those four goals roll in. 

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Absolutely earth-shattering stuff there from the fat crooner.

We just need to recruit better, lads. Why have we not thought to mention that before.

Shrug. I thought it was a reasonable point from the Falkirk Daft lads and merely echoed it. Nobody in the Falkirk squad seems likely to have been in the position to capitalise upon any such moments had the shoe been on the other foot. 

I did say I'm sure those questions were being asked. And no wonder. 

They obviously can't get their heads round the fact that the home stand is much larger and so crowd looks sparser when spread around, from our perspective would have said 1200 away was extremely generous, the figures I guess don't lie.

Also great how the FTV highlights completely missed most if not all of their unforced errors of which there were many including the comical prat fall from their striker.

The goal settled us after a threatening if unproductive 20 or so minutes from Falkirk. In the second half McCabe proved to outwit the old stager getting to grips with any Falkirk threat, the Murrayball attempt at 2-0 by McGlynn didn't work and resulted in leaving his team exposed to any injury which ultimately cost them.

2 hours ago, CumbyDiamond said:

They obviously can't get their heads round the fact that the home stand is much larger and so crowd looks sparser when spread around, from our perspective would have said 1200 away was extremely generous, the figures I guess don't lie.

Also great how the FTV highlights completely missed most if not all of their unforced errors of which there were many including the comical prat fall from their striker.

The goal settled us after a threatening if unproductive 20 or so minutes from Falkirk. In the second half McCabe proved to outwit the old stager getting to grips with any Falkirk threat, the Murrayball attempt at 2-0 by McGlynn didn't work and resulted in leaving his team exposed to any injury which ultimately cost them.

Aye… but they’re Falkirk. It’s not as if their IQ matches their huge fan base.

3 hours ago, CumbyDiamond said:

Where is the 1200 away fans coming from,   The stand was segregated apparently for 1800 with the 2 end sections taped off,   Falkirks sections were clearly less than half full I would say 850 max...