Airdrieonians vs Falkirk - 06/08/22

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Donaldson has had a fair bit of criticism on this thread, and not just from Airdrie fans either.

I for one, simply am not seeing it.

Putting his performance to the side, he did look an angry man throughout the entire 90 mins.

36 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Donaldson has had a fair bit of criticism

Looks to be a rich seam for criticism this season.

Hard to reconcile his career at higher levels; although there has been a progressive decline of late. 

Maybe Cowdenbeath should be warned he is heading in their direction.

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

He doesn't "fall down". He is running, knows he needs to try and throw anything he can at it, and does so. He fails to make contact as he is already past the point where he can actually do anything.

Why can't people, just because they are fans of a club, look at what's in front of them?

The ball literally runs through/underneath his feet as he falls down. 

I'm not sure how you are struggling to see it, but it's quite obvious that he falls down. He goes from being upright, to being on the floor. That's falling down. He isn't sliding, he isn't diving. He accidentally goes from being upright, to being on the deck. The ball dribbles right through his legs. The fact that the pace has been taken out of it by the first falkirk defender is precisely why it is so simple for Gal to tap it in, once it has nutmegged the falling Donaldson. 

An odd thing to deny, for sure. 

3 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

An odd thing to deny, for sure. 

Except if you are talking to a Falkirk fan. Then it kind of makes sense, as y'know, Falkirk.

*Insert crowdwank/big team/Holt's fault/navy blue pound comment as appropriate 

17 hours ago, Passionate said:

How apt.  Just like the Falkirk team at full time on their arse and completely dazed......

Attendance was officially. 1872,     est of around 850 from Falkirk......  To be honest I thought it was about 1400 tops...

hahaha can't be claiming there was more home fans than away surely

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

Except if you are talking to a Falkirk fan. Then it kind of makes sense, as y'know, Falkirk.

*Insert crowdwank/big team/Holt's fault/navy blue pound comment as appropriate 

The pitch is to blame for their injuries despite not having injured anyone else, the refs are against them, they were the better team, it wasn't really 4-0; all the sort of thing you'd expect supporters rattled by a defeat to hit out wi. Classic stuff, fair enough, par for the course. But saying the defender who quite evidently fell down in fact didnae fall down at all is a new one in the old denial stakes, for sure.  

10 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

The pitch is to blame for their injuries despite not having injured anyone else, the refs are against them, they were the better team, it wasn't really 4-0; all the sort of thing you'd expect supporters rattled by a defeat to hit out wi. Classic stuff, fair enough, par for the course. But saying the defender who quite evidently fell down in fact didnae fall down at all is a new one in the old denial stakes, for sure.  

Does yer guide dug tell you what to type on here tae pal?

57 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

He obviously goes from a standing/running position to being flat on his face but he didn't 'fall down' as such IMO. I think what's happened is he's trying to get back to cut out a cross, the ball then deflects off McKay and, Bairnardo's right here, it deflects behind him so he's trying (and failing) to throw his foot backward to stop it.  He didn't have time to stop and adjust his position so he's just trying anything he can to get something on the ball.

I'm just very fucking glad that I couldn't be there to see it!

You're talking shite mate. I can obviously see he fell. He did so because the ball having deflected behind him and being unable to stop, it was the only way he could make any sort of attempt to get anything at all of the ball.

You carrying like he just "fell down hahahahaha" is just genuine nonsense.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You're talking shite mate. I can obviously see he fell. He did so because the ball having deflected behind him and being unable to stop, it was the only way he could make any sort of attempt to get anything at all of the ball.

Why are you wasting your time with these gonks?

Edit: inb4 obvious "Falkirk you mean? hahajdjfkgk"

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Just now, Grant228 said:

Donaldson hasn't tripped or fell over there, he's thrown his legs at the ball. 

Two very different things IMO. 

Precisely, and in doing so has gone to ground. It's literally the only way he could try to throw a body part in the opposite direction

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I could get this if the ball had gone behind his trailing leg, but it appears to go between both of his feet. By no means am I saying he hasn't fallen over whilst trying to stop the ball, but I'd want my centre half to make a better fist of it than that because it does go right through him, rather than just behind or just in front of him, for talking's sake. 

That's an individual error; he should stop that, for me. 

2 hours ago, sick boy said:

hahaha can't be claiming there was more home fans than away surely

That is how numbers work. Granted I understand how the geographical factors for you will have numbed your capacity for learning somewhat.

Edited by cb_diamond

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

That is how numbers work. Granted I understand how the geographical factors for you will have numbed your capacity for learning somewhat.

That is just brilliant hahahahaha. 

Anyone at the game or even in Airdrie will be able to tell you those numbers are wrong.

1 minute ago, sick boy said:

That is just brilliant hahahahaha. 

Anyone at the game or even in Airdrie will be able to tell you those numbers are wrong.

I'm simply refering to your public lack of  comprehension of the set of numbers presented and your volatile reaction in relation to them.

Edited by cb_diamond