Airdrieonians vs Falkirk - 06/08/22

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Aye, but, it wasn't really 4-0 other than on the scoreboard, and the refs notebook and in terms of number of goals scored you see because the first one was a defensive blunder, so that doesn't count, because Falkirk had nearly 50% of the possession before that, so Airdrie can't get that goal. As for the second. Well the ref clearly cheated about that corner. So even though it was scored in a subsequent passage of play it doesn't count, because the ref is a secret Airdrie fan. The third and fourth, Falkirk only had ten men on the pitch, so they don't count. So although the actual score legally was 4-0 it wasn't really a beating, it was more like a 0-0 draw to Falkirk because they had more fans you see, so yeah they didn't actually lose as such, even though they lost. Simples

© The Falkirk thread

Oh man, it was going so well and I enjoyed the read then saw that you had completely ruined it by rounding off with the "comedy" catchphrase of those insufferable little furry c***s off the TV adverts. It took every bit of self control to stop me automatically reacting with a marshmallo red dot.

28 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Oh man, it was going so well and I enjoyed the read then saw that you had completely ruined it by rounding off with the "comedy" catchphrase of those insufferable little furry c***s off the TV adverts. It took every bit of self control to stop me automatically reacting with a marshmallo red dot.

Haha I wholeheartedly apologise sir

Just watched McGlynn’s interview where he gave absolutely zero credit to Airdrie (in stark contrast to Rhys’ comments on Falkirk’s arguably stronger first half), started with the things have conspired against us guff and looked utterly lost.

I’d be a bit worried about that this early in the season.

16 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Just watched McGlynn’s interview where he gave absolutely zero credit to Airdrie (in stark contrast to Rhys’ comments on Falkirk’s arguably stronger first half), started with the things have conspired against us guff and looked utterly lost.

Never liked him, just something about him. 

1 hour ago, She who dares gins said:

He averaged around a point per game in the second half of last season so just continuing his Raith form really. 

1 hour ago, She who dares gins said:

Let’s be honest, what Mcglynn (an extremely proven manager at this level and slightly above) says after an absolute roasting (the first indication for him that our gang of losers were capable of such a showing) is the absolute least of our worries 

My pre-match feeling that Falkirk would be significantly more solid defensively following their significant recruitment was made a mockery of, that's for sure. Shows what I know! Predicted a tight game, chuckle, what a daftie. 

Donaldson cunting it pathetically when in an ideal position for a simple clearance at the opening goal put paid to any such concerns, and their tissue-paper like resistance to our improved second half display only served to underline just how soft they still are despite all the 'we won't concede many' patter. 

Really enjoyed watching us second half. The scorers rightly getting praise, but I thought Frizz was unplayable at times and really ran the game. Beyond delighted we got him to sign back up this year. Outstanding.

My pre-match feeling that Falkirk would be significantly more solid defensively following their significant recruitment was made a mockery of, that's for sure. Shows what I know! Predicted a tight game, chuckle, what a daftie. 
Donaldson cunting it pathetically when in an ideal position for a simple clearance at the opening goal put paid to any such concerns, and their tissue-paper like resistance to our improved second half display only served to underline just how soft they still are despite all the 'we won't concede many' patter. 
Really enjoyed watching us second half. The scorers rightly getting praise, but I thought Frizz was unplayable at times and really ran the game. Beyond delighted we got him to sign back up this year. Outstanding.
The resistance to the second half performance came directly as a result of our midfield conceding time and space wherever you wanted it. If you allow any defence to get turned and overran repeatedly, they will get horsed.

Our defense is absolutely, MILES better than last seasons. Even Brad Mckay has stopped making calamitous errors.

Theres only so much you can do though, in the same way that a competent keeper can't compensate for a completely gash defence.

The collapse in discipline once McGinn went off is a much bigger concern than the ability of the players in defence

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The resistance to the second half performance came directly as a result of our midfield conceding time and space wherever you wanted it. If you allow any defence to get turned and overran repeatedly, they will get horsed.

Our defense is absolutely, MILES better than last seasons. Even Brad Mckay has stopped making calamitous errors.

Theres only so much you can do though, in the same way that a competent keeper can't compensate for a completely gash defence.

The collapse in discipline once McGinn went off is a much bigger concern than the ability of the players in defence

Whilst I think you're undoubtedly correct that the midfield weakness was particularly telling second half, it was a really poor error from Donaldson at the first goal and shocking defending from set plays for goals 2 and 4. It was also hilariously easy for Gabby McGill to ghost through the centre of your defence for goal 3. 

Put it this way, I hope the Falkirk defenders are just as good the next time we play as they were on Saturday. 

37 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Whilst I think you're undoubtedly correct that the midfield weakness was particularly telling second half, it was a really poor error from Donaldson at the first goal and shocking defending from set plays for goals 2 and 4. It was also hilariously easy for Gabby McGill to ghost through the centre of your defence for goal 3. 

Put it this way, I hope the Falkirk defenders are just as good the next time we play as they were on Saturday. 

Even the third goal you mention, and specifically what about it that you mention, I already posted about on this (or maybe the Falkirk) thread when the highlights came out.

It's one of the oft mentioned culprits, Hetherington, who let's the scorer simply run off his shoulder. The defence can't do anything with that. They all have a man, in fact Hetherington even pointed to Mackie that someone else was coming in down the right, and he STILL just let the scorer wander off into the box unattended. 

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Even the third goal you mention, and specifically what about it that you mention, I already posted about on this (or maybe the Falkirk) thread when the highlights came out.

It's one of the oft mentioned culprits, Hetherington, who let's the scorer simply run off his shoulder. The defence can't do anything with that. They all have a man, in fact Hetherington even pointed to Mackie that someone else was coming in down the right, and he STILL just let the scorer wander off into the box unattended. 

Certainly not Hetherington to blame for Donaldson making a tit of himself. Is Hetherington in charge or organising your players at corners and frekicks, as well, for the other goals?

Gal got a lot of joy out of Donaldson in particular, and he couldnae cope anytime he was faced with a running Callum Smith, nor could any defender in the falkirk backline. I suppose it's entirely possible that the falkirk defence has improved, just not to the extent many thought. 

Certainly, not improved enough to cope with Airdrie. 

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

Certainly not Hetherington to blame for Donaldson making a tit of himself. Is Hetherington in charge or organising your players at corners and frekicks, as well, for the other goals?

Gal got a lot of joy out of Donaldson in particular, and he couldnae cope anytime he was faced with a running Callum Smith, nor could any defender in the falkirk backline. I suppose it's entirely possible that the falkirk defence has improved, just not to the extent many thought. 

Certainly, not improved enough to cope with Airdrie. 

I'd absolutely love to see you try to change direction in a split second when you're running the opposite way. Goalkeepers struggle to do it when they've took just the one step at the wrong time never mind whilst you're running. The goal was a fluke but if anyones to blame it's Mckay for letting Jamieson come inside on his left foot. 

Mckay incidently missed the first header from the corner for your second goal but really we also missed the second and third ball after the initial header so blaming just Mckay would be a bit harsh.

I'd absolutely love to see you try to change direction in a split second when you're running the opposite way. Goalkeepers struggle to do it when they've took just the one step at the wrong time never mind whilst you're running. The goal was a fluke but if anyones to blame it's Mckay for letting Jamieson come inside on his left foot. 
Mckay incidently missed the first header from the corner for your second goal but really we also missed the second and third ball after the initial header so blaming just Mckay would be a bit harsh.
Donaldson has had a fair bit of criticism on this thread, and not just from Airdrie fans either.

I for one, simply am not seeing it.

23 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

That's no what happened, though. It bounced off McKay right towards Donaldson, who then falls down. No directional change needed. He just needs to not fall down and he clears it. As it happens he in fact does fall down, and the ball essentially runs right through him. Had he managed to stay upright, he is collecting the ball. 

Instead, he falls down, and Gal scores. 

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

That's no what happened, though. It bounced off McKay right towards Donaldson, who then falls down. No directional change needed. He just needs to not fall down and he clears it. As it happens he in fact does fall down, and the ball essentially runs right through him. Had he managed to stay upright, he is collecting the ball. 

Instead, he falls down, and Gal scores. 

He doesn't "fall down". He is running, knows he needs to try and throw anything he can at it, and does so. He fails to make contact as he is already past the point where he can actually do anything.

Why can't people, just because they are fans of a club, look at what's in front of them?

On 07/08/2022 at 17:27, airdrieman said:

Falkirk irl 

UFC 257: Conor McGregor Memes Explode After Knockout Defeat

How apt.  Just like the Falkirk team at full time on their arse and completely dazed......

Attendance was officially. 1872,     est of around 850 from Falkirk......  To be honest I thought it was about 1400 tops...

9 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Attendance was officially. 1872,     est of around 850 from Falkirk......  To be honest I thought it was about 1400 tops...

Ooft cue the crowdwankers frothing at the mouth in 3...2...