Airdrieonians vs Falkirk - 06/08/22

Went along to this with my Falkirk supporting mate. Had to stop myself from laughing for most of the second half. Falkirk were truly truly awful. Was hoping to see Ayr product McGuffie have a good game but he was anonymous like everyone else.

Can't believe how bad they were, was like watching Ayr in the dark days under Roberts at the foot of League 1. Fucking powder puff and soft as shite. No one to look to for a bit of inspiration. Airdrie took their chances well, hard to judge how good they are cause Falkirk were that abysmal but they knocked the ball about quite well at times, I think they'll be challenging this year.

As for Falkirk, ooft.

1 hour ago, some_guy said:

Algeria is so horrendous that he's making me miss Dennon Lewis! 

We've had the best of the play but created next to nothing.  Airdrie are atrocious compared to last season but managed to score with the break of the ball against the run of play, I guess that's all that matters though! 

Nesbitt is a waste of a Jersey, Morrison had 4 shots straight down the throat of the keeper and Yeats is absolutely wasted at right back, his poorest game so far imo.  

Burrell and Oliver on for Alegria and Nesbitt please?  Also, with at least a couple of minutes wasted due to the flair, how come the ref blew when the clock had barely hit 45 and we had a corner?!

I'll take that for being atrocious 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

In all seriousness walking to the ground today I genuinely was a bit trepidatious about the match. Surely Falkirk couldn’t have their thumbs up their arses for another season… needn’t have worried I guess.

Yeah I couldn’t call it beforehand. Part of me thought we’ll sneak a 1-0 with Gallagher scoring but equally I could have seen Falkirk scoring from a corner and us having one of our bad days in front of goal. As it turns out, it was actually a great game to get our out of form strikers off the mark. A great laugh all round.

I think the first goal was always going to be crucial today with how little Falkirk have to offer going forward. I thought the first goal was actually a bit against the run of play, Falkirk were causing us more problems at that point, albeit that mostly consisted of Morrison hitting shots straight at the keeper and Alegria falling on his arse. After that we seemed to settle down a bit and focus more on playing the ball out rather than rushing things. 

Falkirk had clearly worked on stopping us building from the back but I was amazed at the amount of times we got away with messing around with it in our own box, only to manage to play it to Ballantyne or Deveney. A better team might have punished that but it’s great to watch when it comes off. 

For all he’s considered the weak point back there, I thought Deveney was our best defender today. He kept McGuffie very quiet and was always there to win second balls. Devenny and Frizzell were excellent again in midfield, the way they have no fear and just drive at players is so much fun to watch. I thought Jamieson was brilliant as well, he’s clearly not a winger but for an attacking wide forward he suits our system well based on today and caused Falkirk loads of problems. It was great to see Gallagher back in too and doing what he does best, being in exactly the right place when the ball is bouncing around the six yard box.

If Brad McKay hadn’t went off (hopefully he’s ok and his injury isn’t as bad as it seemed at the time) then I don’t think we’d have scored four, as Falkirk were all over the place after that, but it seemed clear at that point that Falkirk weren’t scoring. Lawal had some nice touches when he came on but it was a hard game to judge him on. Alegria was exactly what I expected, I think all five of our forwards would comfortably be Falkirk’s main striker. 

Hahaha what can you say about that eh. Fair play Airdrie, we were there for the taking today and you fully obliged. Bit of harmless fun at the start of the thread, sure that made it more enjoyable for you now.

We were wasteful with our opportunities in the first half and didn’t turn up in the second bar Alegria left foot shot.

Missed Yeats in the middle of the park but can see why McGlynn put him at right back as he’s obviously shit feart of Williamson defensively.

Hetherington, McGuffie, Morrison, Nesbitt, just not good enough and tied down on extended deals.

Next two games crucial for us.

2 hours ago, some_guy said:

Algeria is so horrendous that he's making me miss Dennon Lewis! 

We've had the best of the play but created next to nothing.  Airdrie are atrocious compared to last season but managed to score with the break of the ball against the run of play, I guess that's all that matters though! 

Nesbitt is a waste of a Jersey, Morrison had 4 shots straight down the throat of the keeper and Yeats is absolutely wasted at right back, his poorest game so far imo.  

Burrell and Oliver on for Alegria and Nesbitt please?  Also, with at least a couple of minutes wasted due to the flair, how come the ref blew when the clock had barely hit 45 and we had a corner?!

If that's us playing atrocious, I can't wait to see us play half decent. 😂♦️

17 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I must be the reverse marshmallo, I've both kissed a woman AND greenied an entire page 

He has a red dot for a brain. I've been ignored by him recently, but a Dundee pondlife called Mr Alli has taken over from him 😆

PS - As soon as..... 😆

Edited by Raith_Raver

The best thing is that, going by other posters, the loser marshmallow is probably absolutely raging and giving red dots to all the airdrie posters. However, I only use the app so I never see when he gives me a red dot.

So get it right up you

The best thing is that, going by other posters, the loser marshmallow is probably absolutely raging and giving red dots to all the airdrie posters. However, I only use the app so I never see when he gives me a red dot.

So get it right up you

Also the taunts about how we are bottle jobs and that we are jobbers etc. Only to hand their arses to them and stretch our unbeaten league run to 22 games now I believe.

Then you still have some deluded fans saying we are a shite team, if we hammered you 4-0 I dread to think what we would be like if we were good.

Ps Marshmallo hiya pal, hiya. Hope you’re having a splendid Saturday night.

Delighted at how we got ahead at the right time and it was quite even for much of that half. Falkirk wasteful of some quick counter attacks but once we put in pressing on their long serving wasters, it was a much better 2nd half. Great to see Gal/Gabby and Salim get the goals. 

Many Falkirk PB blaming the referee but don't do that when you lose by crumbling.

All that and seeing the car park emptying at 3-0 wa

s a moment to savour, almost as much as my Saturday curries. Cheers