Airdrieonians vs Falkirk - 06/08/22

Thread is painful. 

Surprised it was only 700 you brought last year for the equivalent fixture. Felt like more. 

Can’t make the game as I’m at a wedding but hoping the Bookies have it right and Airdrie win. 

As others have said, I’d expect McGlynn to be a very good appointment for Falkirk and so we really need to be looking to perform while you are in transition.

On 04/08/2022 at 14:37, CapitalDiamond said:

Thread is painful. 

Surprised it was only 700 you brought last year for the equivalent fixture. Felt like more. 

Can’t make the game as I’m at a wedding but hoping the Bookies have it right and Airdrie win. 

As others have said, I’d expect McGlynn to be a very good appointment for Falkirk and so we really need to be looking to perform while you are in transition.

There were still Covid restrictions in place tbf

Imagine we'll bring our usual 1200-1500 tomorrow 

Nervous about today. Even last season when Falkirk were in disarray, there was always the worry that they'd get their shit together just at the right time to play us. And now I so think they've got their shit together, far more than in recent seasons. So nothing taken for granted at all. They'll feel they owe us one and have started well enough to come into this game with confidence. 

Still feel we are short of a good few players too which is not ideal but it is what it is. Still feel we have a strong enough team to get a good result, but it'll be a tough and tight affair. 

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Nervous about today. Even last season when Falkirk were in disarray, there was always the worry that they'd get their shit together just at the right time to play us. And now I so think they've got their shit together, far more than in recent seasons. So nothing taken for granted at all. They'll feel they owe us one and have started well enough to come into this game with confidence. 

Still feel we are short of a good few players too which is not ideal but it is what it is. Still feel we have a strong enough team to get a good result, but it'll be a tough and tight affair. 

Listening to McCabes pre match interview, there seems to be a little frustration when questioned on new arrivals sounds like if any it will be more loanees.....

Does anyone have anything official onthe Charlie Telfer situation, is he training with us,  is he whoring himself down south.....    I believe there was a contract on the table for him is that still the case...

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Hopefully we've no surprise injuries as a Fordyce, Frizzell, Smith, McCabe missing would be catastrophic to our chances given our light squad. Josh Rae doesn't look likely to return going by the match preview so i assume the young loanee will be in goal again today where i'm sure he will be busier than his "comfortable" debut last week.

Interesting to see how our newbies get on today against a much more experienced Falkirk side. Cammy Ballantyne apart, the others still have it all to prove.

Craig McGuffie has a lot of work to do to fill the gap in energy left by Yeats in midfield.

Equally, he might create more, and really can't argue with get Williamson benched logic even if it does lose Yeats from the midfield.

Hope to see at least something of the new boys. We need them to play a part now their here, so no time like the present. Give Airdrie some complete unknowns to handle.

Those are the whitest lines I have ever seen.