Airdrieonians vs Falkirk - 06/08/22

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I honestly don’t get why supporters of wee teams get so upset when supporters of the biggest team in the division expect a bit more from their team than they have got from them the last few seasons ……

Of course you do!

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Because for the 2 weeks prior to the games you couldn't stop coming on our thread to tell us how you were going to absolutely dominate the playoffs.

Well that's an outright lie on your part. I'm assuming you're talking about the day I came on and asked a couple of questions to Falkirk fans based mainly on things that had been said in the previous weeks by Falkirk fans. This caused an absolute mass apoplexy and pile on, but at the end of the day not one person could refute any of it bar Shadwell who had a go at it regarding crowd drops. So yeah, what you've just said isn't true and says more about you than me ya cheeky wee desperado 😂😂😂

Edit to add: it's nice but also weird that you clearly pay me so much attention as I literally have no clue who you are.

Edited by cb_diamond

Of course you do!

All I am saying is you ex Bankies supporters should really worry a bit more about your teams long term failure rather than our temporary one. But some of you just can’t let go any talk of us getting promoted. The irony of which is that there not one Bairn on our forum that expects us to win the division this season…..

I worry about my childrens future, personal finance, my dogs health and yip somewhere down the line ex Clydebank FC performance. 

However 7000 plus posts on this vacuum of real life?!! I’ll leave that to you. 

Mon the incredibly magnificent bairns and their arthritic keyboard storm trooper. ❤️

11 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Marshmallo dislikes this

Marshmallo dislikes everything on this site. That c***s clearly been so fucked up at some point in his life that during his residence in Bellsdyke or frequent visits to the bungalows he's been advised that red dotting everything is some form of therapy. We really should be pitying him. Maybe we can start a fundraiser on Saturday to get him a one way trip to Disneyland with no internet access.

4 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Marshmallo dislikes everything on this site. That c***s clearly been so fucked up at some point in his life that during his residence in Bellsdyke or frequent visits to the bungalows he's been advised that red dotting everything is some form of therapy. We really should be pitying him. Maybe we can start a fundraiser on Saturday to get him a one way trip to Disneyland with no internet access.

You seem to know a lot about Bellsdyke and the bungalows? 🤔

Hopefully the quality of football on offer on Saturday will be better than this thread.

I’ve predicted Falkirk to win the league so I do think will be the season they sort themselves. This weekend will give us an idea of where may sit in the league. As shown the results last weekend, anyone can beat anyone

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

How have you normally been lining up under Mccabe? Has he been playing himself centre back still?

It's varied quite a bit so far, mostly due to having a very small squad for the cup games and dealing with injuries and suspensions. McCabe played in the middle of a back three for our first two games and was also at centre back in a back four up at Arbroath as Ballantyne being suspended led to a reshuffle. Against St. Mirren and Peterhead he's been in holding midfield but dropping back in when the full backs bomb forward. If everyone is fit we seem quite set on Rae, Ballantyne, Watson, Fordyce and Deveney with McCabe in front of them. The front five has changed a bit but last week it seemed to be a fairly fluid trio of Devenny, Frizzell and Wylie with Smith and McGill up front. I suspect we'll go with the same thing on Saturday but it wouldn't be a huge shock to see Gallagher or Jamieson in from the start.

18 minutes ago, Mr November said:

It's varied quite a bit so far, mostly due to having a very small squad for the cup games and dealing with injuries and suspensions. McCabe played in the middle of a back three for our first two games and was also at centre back in a back four up at Arbroath as Ballantyne being suspended led to a reshuffle. Against St. Mirren and Peterhead he's been in holding midfield but dropping back in when the full backs bomb forward. If everyone is fit we seem quite set on Rae, Ballantyne, Watson, Fordyce and Deveney with McCabe in front of them. The front five has changed a bit but last week it seemed to be a fairly fluid trio of Devenny, Frizzell and Wylie with Smith and McGill up front. I suspect we'll go with the same thing on Saturday but it wouldn't be a huge shock to see Gallagher or Jamieson in from the start.

We've been a 4-2-3-1 under McGlynn but we've signed another striker this week so it'll be interesting to see if McGlynn changes it up or maybe even drops Gary Oliver into the 10.

With McGinn & Yeats in the middle of the park we should put up a lot more of a fight whereas in previous seasons you've walked all over us in midfield.

Got to fancy Morrison's chances up against Devenney, he looked very suspect defensively in the few games he did play for us. Equally Callum Smith will run Williamson ragged if he plays. Our 3 in behind have been very quiet so far this season so hopefully that changes on Saturday.

Edited by FFC 1876

On 01/08/2022 at 22:59, Reggie Perrin said:

I really don’t think that any teams supporters had a lower opinion of Falkirks collection of dug shite and imposters than our own.

Crowd w**k certainly, expecting to skoosh the league certainly not.

Don’t let that spoil your ramblings though.

In all seriousness how many are you guys likely to bring on Saturday 1200. ??

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I'd imagine around 800-1000, according to our website we had just under 700 at the first game against you lot last season. I can't remember if there were any restrictions in place at that point but pay per view was definitely available so that would have affected our numbers slightly.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

I would expect around 1000.

We had 3600 (60 Montrose fans) on Saturday and have shifted 2300 season tickets.

Probably  would have a few more coming on Saturday if we had a recognised striker in the team.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

15 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Brutal thread.

On the betting front under 2.5 goals seems nailed on for Saturday. Fancy a tight 1-0 win either way but a goalless draw wouldn't be a shock.

Have a funny feeling we'll nick it. Goal from a set piece.

Our biggest issue pre season is scoring goals but we are creating a ton of chances so if it clicks up front, and it has too at some point we will give someone a doing. 

Could happen Saturday 😜♦️