Highlights 2022/23

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2023 at 00:52, FFC 1876 said:

Don't really think either red's were the correct decision.

Thought Falkirk's was one initial viewing so can see why the ref gave it. The second one is a shocker of a decision though. I'd imagine both were overruled on appeal? 

The Falkirk TV guys give Rangers TV a run for their money :lol:

On 15/01/2023 at 00:52, FFC 1876 said:

Don't really think either red's were the correct decision.

On 18/01/2023 at 14:28, 19QOS19 said:

Thought Falkirk's was one initial viewing so can see why the ref gave it. The second one is a shocker of a decision though. I'd imagine both were overruled on appeal?

These some sort of in joke wind up? Both of those look pretty clear red cards to me. Surely neither won an appeal. Donaldson's is a very obvious red card. Can't launch through people like that any more. It's not 1975. Clyde one isn't intentional but he has caught the opponent on the shin with raised studs. Still red for me.

As an aside that free kick should have been retaken. Referee obviously failed to notice the rolling ball when it was hit.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

These some sort of in joke wind up? Both of those look pretty clear red cards to me. Surely neither won an appeal. Donaldson's is a very obvious red card. Can't launch through people like that any more. It's not 1975. Clyde one isn't intentional but he has caught the opponent on the shin with raised studs. Still yellow for me.

No. Donaldson was a hardy challenge at best. He looks to have got to the ball and neither of his feet were off the ground. There wasn't any great appeal from the Clyde players that he should be off for it either. 

Hynes never got a second yellow, he was given a straight red for that. It's never a straight red. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

No. Donaldson was a hardy challenge at best. He looks to have got to the ball and neither of his feet were off the ground. There wasn't any great appeal from the Clyde players that he should be off for it either. 

Hynes never got a second yellow, he was given a straight red for that. It's never a straight red. 

I don't know why I typed yellow. Senility. I meant to type red. Don't agree with you though. Those are both red cards for me.

And the nearest Clyde player to the Donaldson challenge very clearly runs straight to the ref to complain it's an awful challenge (which it was). He might have got a bit of the ball first, it's not 100% clear but the direction it goes off in suggests he did, but you still can't throw yourself into an out of control challenge like that which is destined to go through an opponent regardless of whether there's a touch of the ball first. It's downright dangerous. And for all it's not directly two footed, his trailing leg goes through the guy too.

Having now checked I see both players got 2 match bans for them too so either they didn't appeal them or a panel agreed with me.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't know why I typed yellow. Senility. I meant to type red. Don't agree with you though. Those are both red cards for me.

And the nearest Clyde player to the Donaldson challenge very clearly runs straight to the ref to complain it's an awful challenge (which it was). He might have got a bit of the ball first, it's not 100% clear but the direction it goes off in suggests he did, but you still can't throw yourself into an out of control challenge like that which is destined to go through an opponent regardless of whether there's a touch of the ball first. It's downright dangerous. And for all it's not directly two footed, his trailing leg goes through the guy too.

Having now checked I see both players got 2 match bans for them too so either they didn't appeal them or a panel agreed with me.

Explain to me the difference between this tackle and Donaldson's? Both dive into the tackle but neither are high up on the opposition player, they both win the ball and then clean out the man.

How are players supposed to stop themselves from following through in a tackle like that? 

One was a red card and the other wasn't even a foul. 

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Can you throw yourself into a controlled sliding tackle? Is that even a thing? "Out of control" get flung around a lot now but I really don't see how anyone going to ground can have full control. It's a bit of nonsense for me tbh though I get that it's now part and parcel. For me it's a red if it's dangerous and I genuinely don't think that either of those tackles were dangerous enough to warrant straight reds. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Explain to me the difference between this tackle and Donaldson's? Both dive into the tackle but neither are high up on the opposition player, they both win the ball and then clean out the man.

How are players supposed to stop themselves from following through in a tackle like that? 

One was a red card and the other wasn't even a foul. 

Entirely fair comment. I think it's pretty astonishing that the one at Ibrox wasn't even given as a foul. I think it's a red too, though he does more obviously get the ball first than Donaldson does. I'm still not sure from the camera angle that Donaldson did (he may have, not saying he didn't, but it's not clear).