Montrose v Queens

Very poor game all round. Neither team deserved to win it. QOS probably had the better chances although we missed the obvious golden one, the pen.

Final footnote. What a p***k Max Currie is. Moaning about kids not giving the ball straight back to him. These kids were about 6 years old and could barely see over the wall, let alone throw the ball straight back to him.

24 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Very poor game all round. Neither team deserved to win it. QOS probably had the better chances although we missed the obvious golden one, the pen.

Final footnote. What a p***k Max Currie is. Moaning about kids not giving the ball straight back to him. These kids were about 6 years old and could barely see over the wall, let alone throw the ball straight back to him.

I wonder if he’s like this during all games or saves being an utter p***k for visits to links park?

1 minute ago, broomiesniper said:

I wonder if he’s like this during all games or saves being an utter p***k for visits to links park?

I have been lead to believe he’s a p***k in all games showed it last week when he ran up the tunnel at ft while the rest of the team clapped the fans even some of his teammates were trying to get him back on the pitch 

5 minutes ago, maz1974 said:

Why he didn’t get a yellow card for that kick out of the park….??! surely that’s bookable?

You're having a laugh if you think that's a bookable offence. Why exactly do you think it's a booking?

2 hours ago, QOSfan019 said:

I have been lead to believe he’s a p***k in all games showed it last week when he ran up the tunnel at ft while the rest of the team clapped the fans even some of his teammates were trying to get him back on the pitch 

I can’t speak about him today but Clyde fans seem to really get in his head for some reason. I’m not sure why it seems to affect him so much but he was always a bit more rattled against them than any other team, and as you’ve seen while he’s a good keeper he can be quite animated with that kind of thing at the best of times. 

25 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I can’t speak about him today but Clyde fans seem to really get in his head for some reason. I’m not sure why it seems to affect him so much but he was always a bit more rattled against them than any other team, and as you’ve seen while he’s a good keeper he can be quite animated with that kind of thing at the best of times. 

I'm absolutely unconvinced that he's a good keeper. I'll be delighted to be proved wrong.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

There wasn't fans standing applauding that shitshow last week surely?

17 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You're having a laugh if you think that's a bookable offence. Why exactly do you think it's a booking?

Either delaying the restart of the game OR dissent.  You choose OR take the easy option as the ref did yesterday.

Looked like we edged it without doing very much. 3 really good chances mind you with East having a good chance, Reilly scoring his on another day and Murray having some faith in himself rather than needlessly passing.

We're so much less of a threat with Connelly not playing which makes his needless sending off last week all the more infuriating.

The penalty was a clusterfuck but it's hard to tell who's to blame. The defender should be dealing with it unless the GK has shouted. But if Currie shouted for that it looked like news to him given how slow he was to react.

Hopefully Reilly and Wilson are fit enough to start next weekend as well as Todd. With those three in the side we're instantly a better side.

1 hour ago, MO7S said:

Either delaying the restart of the game OR dissent.  You choose OR take the easy option as the ref did yesterday.

I would argue that the kids throwing the spare ball on when Curie already had a ball to restart the game was the cause of any (slight) delay. And kicking a spare ball off the park, however far or angrily he blootered it, hardly contistutes dissent. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

The penalty was a clusterfuck but it's hard to tell who's to blame. The defender should be dealing with it unless the GK has shouted. But if Currie shouted for that it looked like news to him given how slow he was to react.

The penalty seems to be one of the few times Currie actually left his line and then he goes and makes an arse of it.

I've no problem with his ability to deal with shots, but he really should be commanding his area a bit more.

Unfortunately he appears to have graduated from The Alan Martin School of Line-dancing.

ETA - good chance to compare him with Josh Rae next week.

Edited by Slipmat

The penalty seems to be one of the few times Currie actually left his line and then he goes and makes an arse of it.
I've no problem with his ability to deal with shots, but he really should be commanding his area a bit more.
Unfortunately he appears to have graduated from The Alan Martin School of Line-dancing.
ETA - good chance to compare him with Josh Rae next week.
It didn't look like Currie shouted though. Currie should be commanding his area of course but if he didn't shout for that ball the defender has to be clearing it rather than expecting him to come.

Rae has been injured and Airdrie have won two without him so I don't think he'll feature next weekend either way.

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It didn't look like Currie shouted though. Currie should be commanding his area of course but if he didn't shout for that ball the defender has to be clearing it rather than expecting him to come.

Rae has been injured and Airdrie have won two without him so I don't think he'll feature next weekend either way.

Rae had injections last week and we’ve had an emergency loan goalie in who’s obviously not going to play next weekend.

it’s either David Hutton or Rae which will start and I’d expect Rae to given it will have been about 3 weeks rest come Saturday.