Montrose v Queens

1 minute ago, Homer Thompson said:

Definitely better in possession than last week but then Montrose aren't putting us under the same kind of pressure Clyde did. 

I thought the pass was the right option, just wasn't hit hard enough. Seemed to hold up in the pitch, which looks awful 

I won't criticise anybody else's plastic pitch considering the thing we've got. 

Pretty much a textbook 0-0, neither team deserved to lose and squandered any chances to win. I thought the penalty was pretty poor and Webster telegraphed exactly where it was going. Felt we held the ball better but QOS actually tested the keeper more. They didn't look like all that much, well organised but short of flair. We definitely missed the extra running CJ and Gardyne provide. Early days in the season though - will take the point and move on.

ETA - that shout to give Dillon MOTM was wild, to say the least....

Edited by Scorge

We're already 5 points off the top. 
Title contenders, you're have a fkin laugh.  
Oh but we didn't loose so it's a good result. [emoji849][emoji849] Seriously. 
It's two games in. Calm yourself down.

Happy enough with that. Would have taken 0-0 before a ball was kicked. Big game next weekend already.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Happy enough with that. Would have taken 0-0 before a ball was kicked. Big game next weekend already.

1 point from 6 surely you expected more than  that it is a start but we are miles away from what we need to challenge at the top of the League 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Two games and two teams we should be beating. 

We've dropped down a league and are full time. We have to be better than this surely...

14 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

1 point from 6 surely you expected more than  that it is a start but we are miles away from what we need to challenge at the top of the League 

The alarm bells will certainly be ringing next weekend if Airdrie come down here and pump us.

18 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

We were never going to win the league it was always unrealistic to think so.Play-offs is the we can hope for and an win next week which is not likely at first but considering that both Wilson and Reilly can start will be an big boost and we should be beating Peterhead because from what I’ve seen of them they are awful and we are pushing for play-offs places.

Well, yeah ... of course 1 point from 6 isn't what we wanted.  That said, after last Saturday's shambles I'd have been happy to take a point back from Montrose who are nobody's mugs in this league.  So that's a wee bit of progress.

As has been said, we're only 2 games into this league, the team is still shaking itself down and we have some key players out injured/suspended so I'm not panicking yet.  From the off, I'd have been surprised if we could win this league; a play-off spot was always more realistic.

Airdrie are certainly flying from the off, so next Saturday's game should be telling - given our record at fortress Palmy a win could be a long shot again.

A draw was a fair result in my opinion,the penalty could have nicked it a suppose but apart from that no real clear cut chances for both sides.

MOTM for me was Kerr Waddell absolute rock at the back thought he played really well.Hope Aidan Quinn isn't too serious played well when he came on aswell.

Last mention to big Rory ,frustrating day at the office for him pretty well marked from the QOTS back four but did show what he can do in spells. 

Two games and two teams we should be beating. 
We've dropped down a league and are full time. We have to be better than this surely...

Why should we be beating Montrose? Clyde at home is a game we should be looking to take 3 pointe, I'll give you that. But Montrose away is never going to be a side we "should" be beating.

Out of interest. Do the knicker wetters/delusional/arrogant posters on here think we would be shoe ins for the league if we were sitting with 6 points right now?

Draw was a fair result in what for a 0-0 draw was a decent enough watch.

Big chance for Reilly near the end to win it.

Thought our defending and goalkeeping was shambolic to give away the penalty but to be fair to the keeper he made a great save from the spot kick. My only shock was that we didn't concede from the resulting corner. 

Thought East was our best player and that young McMahon did well before he faded a bit in the 2nd half.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Why should we be beating Montrose? Clyde at home is a game we should be looking to take 3 pointe, I'll give you that. But Montrose away is never going to be a side we "should" be beating.

Out of interest. Do the knicker wetters/delusional/arrogant posters on here think we would be shoe ins for the league if we were sitting with 6 points right now?

Some are so over reactionary on here. Chucking any chance of a league challenge after two games, hope the players don’t share the same attitude as some on here

6 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Some are so over reactionary on here. Chucking any chance of a league challenge after two games, hope the players don’t share the same attitude as some on here

Does the current squad show any signs of being title contenders to you ? 

The club's aim this season is to go straight back up.  It's only two games in but it's exactly the same shit fest as last year but in a lower division 

The club's aim this season is to go straight back up.  It's only two games in but it's exactly the same shit fest as last year but in a lower division 

It's been two games. As well as that we've yet to field our best side (IMO). If we're sitting 8th after the first round of fixtures I'll share your fears.

As it stands I'm happy to give it time and not chuck any chance of promotion after TWO games. Similarly, I'm pretty confident Clyde won't finish as high as 3rd and Falkirk won't get relegated.

12 minutes ago, Kunter said:

We still have two or three to bring in as well as having our best players missing across the two games (Reilly, Wilson, Connelly, East). The Clyde game is obviously a shocker, but I’m sure most would have been content with a point away to a Montrose. To write us off as being pish this early is on is hilarious to me

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's been two games. As well as that we've yet to field our best side (IMO). If we're sitting 8th after the first round of fixtures I'll share your fears.

As it stands I'm happy to give it time and not chuck any chance of promotion after TWO games. Similarly, I'm pretty confident Clyde won't finish as high as 3rd and Falkirk won't get relegated.

It doesn't hurt to dream though, heh heh

If you can’t win it don’t lose it springs to mind…….we had more good chances than the Mo but didn’t do enough to win it. A shambles for the penalty concession - a succession of hesitancy and Currie rounded it off by fouling the attacker after he failed to deal with a pretty routine situation. That said, a great safe from the resultant spot kick. Defence still very shaky even with 3 CBs!!

East was MOM by a distance - was actually our best creator when he strode forward and took opponents out of the game with positive running and intelligent use of the ball. Not too many other positives - forwards lacklustre and never really looked like scoring, Cochrane didn’t have any influence on the game but I thought McMahon did well- good energy, lively and fought for everything. Was probably subbed because he got booked for a lunge in first half but he can be happy with his contribution.

We lack quality in key areas - game was there for the taking but in all honesty, we didn’t have enough guile to get the job done.