Montrose v Queens

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
9 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:
QosFC: Information for Montrose Away Game
No segregation?  A cash gate?  It's like stepping back in time (in a good way).

You weren't in the new stand on Saturday were you?...

Funnily enough, Montrose have been segregating Clyde fans for years.

48 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
9 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:
QosFC: Information for Montrose Away Game
No segregation?  A cash gate?  It's like stepping back in time (in a good way).

You weren't in the new stand on Saturday were you?...

Fortunately not.  Enjoyed our non-segregated day out in Elgin.  Fair point that not every set of fans are capable of behaving like adults.

39 minutes ago, David W said:

We only segregate for a) anticipated big crowds, b) the smokie filth to keep them downwind, or c) clubs who've brought c**** who couldn't behave themselves. Along with Airdrie and Alloa, you get filed in the latter, and should count yourselves lucky we don't herd you like cattle in a small corner of the stand like you do to us ;).

First competitive game for me on Saturday, looking forward to it. 

15 hours ago, David W said:

Remember it well,those were the days going out at half time for a quick half pint and a nip then back into the ground.On this occasion(v clyde)some boozed up louts brought in their nip glass to the stadium and started throwing them about just after half time and it kicked off for a few minutes.

With a squad in reasonable form I'd be viewing this as one of the tougher away trips of the season and a point as a decent return.  However, last Saturday's shitshow, getting our main goal threat suspended and continuing injuries lead me to think that a point here will be beyond us - can't see anything other than a defeat incoming.  Forecasting a Queens result was never one of my strong points though so who knows.

7 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

With a squad in reasonable form I'd be viewing this as one of the tougher away trips of the season and a point as a decent return.  However, last Saturday's shitshow, getting our main goal threat suspended and continuing injuries lead me to think that a point here will be beyond us - can't see anything other than a defeat incoming.  

Pretty much my thoughts, although I'm clinging to the hope that we might be able to scramble a point given that we're playing a long way from Palmerston.  The further we are from our "fortress" the better we seem to play.

No idea what the line-up will be, but around 9 of last week's gang of imposters deserve to be dropped.

Edited by Slipmat

17 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Pretty much my thoughts, although I'm clinging to the hope that we might be able to scramble a point given that we're playing a long way from Palmerston.  The further we are from our "fortress" the better we seem to play.

No idea what the line-up will be, but around 9 of last week's gang of imposters deserve to be dropped.

Best thing I can say about the line up is Wilson and Reilly are on the bench .

We are missing 3 key players in Connelly McGory and Todd .

Wullie saying in the close season he is building a more experienced squad and yet here we are starting the second league game of the season with a midfield trio of 21 year olds in McKechnie, McMahon & Cochrane!

Best thing I can say about the line up is Wilson and Reilly are on the bench .
We are missing 3 key players in Connelly McGory and Todd .

And missing Gibson himself, our best player over the last 2 seasons.
Looks a very lightweight line-up from middle to front

5 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

11’ The Queen of the South manager, Willie Gibson, goes into the book for inferring that the referee is a clown.

🤣

So unlike our Mr Gibson ...

Hows it going? Stats suggest we're edging it without really threatening. Stats don't always tell the story though.

Reilly and Wilson must surely feature after an hour if we fail to threaten Montrose.

A great chance missed for Queens 3 against 1 and instead of having shot  the balls passed sideways and Mo defenders get back to clear up. 

East also had a good  chance with a free  header from a corner but couldn't direct it under the bar. 

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hows it going? Stats suggest we're edging it without really threatening. Stats don't always tell the story though.

Reilly and Wilson must surely feature after an hour if we fail to threaten Montrose.

Definitely better in possession than last week but then Montrose aren't putting us under the same kind of pressure Clyde did. 

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A great chance missed for Queens 3 against 1 and instead of having shot  the balls passed sideways and Mo defenders get back to clear up. 

East also had a good  chance with a free  header from a corner but couldn't direct it under the bar. 

I thought the pass was the right option, just wasn't hit hard enough. Seemed to hold up in the pitch, which looks awful