Montrose v Queens

3 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Toying with heading to Montrose for this. 

What are the good pubs?

And if Arbroath have smokies and Forfar have bridies, what is the local culinary treat am scoffing Saturday?

Not famous for anything food wise I'm afraid just the nicest town in Angus you will visit😀

Pub wise if your coming by train,a short walk up to the Market Arms best and busiest pub in the town good pint in their but to be fair quite expensive now. I would start their then head across the road and get a couple in the Royal Arch(Cheaper Boozer) then your just a short walk to the ground from their 5 minute walk i would say. You also have the Albert Bar and the Star Hotel walking distance from those pubs mentioned earlier which are both alright too. If your looking for a bite to eat and a pint safe bet would be the picture House plus you will get the kids in their(if theirs any going)Belhaven pub fairly big and you will get the football on their too.

1 hour ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Ah cracking. Cheers chaps. No kids in tow so will follow the above pub crawl.

Maybe best get an earlier train.

Do you think you will bring a good few fans on Sat?

26 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Really? Took more than that to Cove midweek last season 

Hopefully you’re right.

The Cove tie was obviously a semi final tie (albeit the diddy cup) which would’ve boosted the numbers but I just think Saturday’s performance as well as Dumfries show, holidays etc will lessen the numbers.

28 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Hopefully you’re right.

The Cove tie was obviously a semi final tie (albeit the diddy cup) which would’ve boosted the numbers but I just think Saturday’s performance as well as Dumfries show, holidays etc will lessen the numbers.

Yeah that’s true, I’m still on holiday so can’t go. Never thought about Dumfries show either, imagine that would reduce numbers going a wee bit

Guest Flash
39 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Yeah that’s true, I’m still on holiday so can’t go. Never thought about Dumfries show either, imagine that would reduce numbers going a wee bit

Aye, why travel all the way to Montrose when you can see some coos’ arses at the Dumfries Show.