Patrick Thistle vs Hamilton Academical

16 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

A decent team would have took a few of us today, no doubts about it. 

With the defenders we have out and a goalie that doesn’t inspire confidence we are doing well to be top of the league and undefeated. Don’t see it lasting too long though unless it get sorted

Edited by Sting777

Just now, Sting777 said:

With the defenders we have out and a goalie that doesn’t inspire confidence we are doing well to be top of the league and undefeated. Don’t see it last too long though unless it get sorted

We played most of that game in our own half mate, Hamilton made it scrappy but we just had a complete lack of ideas when we got the ball in midfield. It was a horrible game to watch.

1 minute ago, Thistle4eva said:

We played most of that game in our own half mate, Hamilton made it scrappy but we just had a complete lack of ideas when we got the ball in midfield. It was a horrible game to watch.

Yeah, the link up on the left hand side particularly was minging.

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

Didn’t deserve to win. We were fucking awful ! Play like that we will be lucky to make the top half never mind anything else. Hamilton are awful aswel.

While we weren’t great I did think we had more than enough chances to get the win.  Accies keeper played really well in addition to some poor decision making and finishing and also gifting the Accies the lead 

Sneddon didn’t really do much to get dropped, so I’d imagine he’s expecting to come back in now - and understandably so. 

Long way to go in the season obviously, yeah it’d have been nice not to have a howler at the back, take our chances and be 2 clear at the top but there’s 34 games left. Onto Queen’s Park next week we go! 

Edited by JagsCG

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

While we weren’t great I did think we had more than enough chances to get the win.  Accies keeper played really well in addition to some poor decision making and finishing and also gifting the Accies the lead 

I honestly think I’m more pissed off because I think we are capable of far better than that. Feel as if we got most of our joy down the wings and if he had maybe bring a striker on to support Graham it could have unsettled them a bit more and the ball might have stuck better. We were the better team but I don’t think we deserved to win.

39 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

We played most of that game in our own half 

Wouldn’t say I agree with that. Barring that awful goal I think we would have won comfortably but the defence is a problem. I don’t think at this moment in time big Darren is the answer. While not at the Brian Scrimgeouror and Jim Slavin levels of fitness, it looks like he needs another month of pre season to try and get him back to his levels of 2 seasons ago. He is definitely carrying too much weight!

13 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Wouldn’t say I agree with that. Barring that awful goal I think we would have won comfortably but the defence is a problem. I don’t think at this moment in time big Darren is the answer. While not at the Brian Scrimgeouror and Jim Slavin levels of fitness, it looks like he needs another month of pre season to try and get him back to his levels of 2 seasons ago. He is definitely carrying too much weight!

To be fair to Darren, he probably wouldn’t have been playing at all today if Akinola or big Aero were fit. Got to be patient with him due to the lengthy injury he’s just come back from. Would probably benefit from a Glasgow Cup/Reserve fixture. 

15 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

To be fair to Darren, he probably wouldn’t have been playing at all today if Akinola or big Aero were fit. Got to be patient with him due to the lengthy injury he’s just come back from. Would probably benefit from a Glasgow Cup/Reserve fixture. 

McCall on JZ said Toonji back in full training next week which at least gives us options especially if he can get another one in on loan. Hopefully that will give Darren time to get up to speed without putting too much pressure on him!

I feel that is a game we should have won on the balance of play but Accies came for a draw and Mitchell fucking up put them in with a chance of all three points. We got the equaliser a little oto late too push on for the winner but hopefully we can cut out gift goals going forward. 

A better point for the visitors than Thistle. Did Hamilton have any other efforts on target aside from the og?

Really hope the Accies fan with the mullet doesn't post on here as the P&B Accies lot are fairly sound and he appeared to be the angriest person I've seen at football in my life for no apparent reason.

Between spending 90% of the game just staring at the John Lambie Stand and bursting onto the pitch to celebrate their goal he just seemed like a real weird guy.

3 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

To the 100 travelling Hamilton fans well done for showing up to support your team. Shocking numbers though.

Who had week 2 in the sweep for a crowd w**k then? Personally thought it might take a bit longer due to the whole people barely able to afford to heat their homes and get the weekly shop in but here we are. Any away support should be commended in the current climate regardless of the number.

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Really hope the Accies fan with the mullet doesn't post on here as the P&B Accies lot are fairly sound and he appeared to be the angriest person I've seen at football in my life for no apparent reason.

Between spending 90% of the game just staring at the John Lambie Stand and bursting onto the pitch to celebrate their goal he just seemed like a real weird guy.

This is genuinely @accies 1874, genuinely.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Who had week 2 in the sweep for a crowd w**k then? Personally thought it might take a bit longer due to whole people barely able to afford to heat their homes and get the weekly shop in but here we are. Any away support should be commended in the current climate regardless of the number.

This is genuinely @accies 1874, genuinely.

Fair play to him. Not sure if it's the fact Thistle have moved away fans to the Jackie Husband or his ridiculous haircut but I've not noticed an angrier away fan at Firhill in years.