Patrick Thistle vs Hamilton Academical

image.png.e99c9d21bdef6533d5180f202dbe601c.png

International clearance received for Teehee then, I have a good feeling about this.  Which is based on nothing but naïve optimism.  The stream is on, I've got a fresh glass of Vimto by my side and Texas chicken on the way .... talk about living the dream.

Do other team concede goals like that? We seem to concede nonsense goals at an alarmingly high rate.

Anyway, first half hour or so was quite disjointed from us but we’ve been better since then and shouldn’t be behind really. But we are, so improvement required second half. 

On 04/08/2022 at 17:34, Fidel said:

League Champions don’t drop points at home to Accies. 

Not saying we will win the league if we get three points but if we drop any points we won’t be champions. 

Fitzy to run the show

Enjoy the championship next season then, clown. 🤡

Weird game. Thistle's width was pretty simple but caused us plenty of problems with the balls launched over our FBs' heads. The CBs tended to defend the box quite well though.

We got through Thistle quite easily but the quality and decision making in the final third was horrendous. It was a shame none of the clipped balls round the corner worked as they regularly looked dangerous.

Actually thought Mimnaugh was excellent. Some quality, clever passing, got us going quickly and tended to break things up quite well, especially considering how exposed he could be.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Decent point considering.

Commiserations to Thistle on missing out on the title this season.

Ok boss, anything you say. We are playing with 3 of our 4 central defenders out injured but hey ho  if the table is like this at the end of the season I won’t complain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/table

4 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Ok boss, anything you say. We are playing with 3 of our 4 central defenders out injured but hey ho  if the table is like this at the end of the season I won’t complain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/table

Think you’ve missed the joke here champ…

A frustrating game. We had lots of moments which were almost good chances with a better ball or decision making, but not much in the way of actual chances. Accies two centre halves defended the box well though, and I don’t think they really created anything either - I did think they should have had a penalty near the start of the second half. I think we’d have lost that game last season though, so that’s something. 

Milne had his poorest game for us yet with a fair amount of misplaced passes. He also looked absolutely shattered by the end, but I’ll put that down to him still adapting to full time football. Good to see Brownlie back playing - he looks more rotund than I remember him, which maybe isn’t a surprise with having a year out. Cole McKinnon was our best performer today imo. Was quite impressed with Accies number 8 as well.

Still unconvinced by Mitchell - the goal was a joke, although Sneddon does shite like that routinely as well, but he just doesn’t inspire confidence and any cross into the box is a nervy affair. I’d bring Sneddon back in.

Some of the Accies fans squaring up to the family section was quite funny, and the boy with the mullet has the worst hair I’ve seen in a long, long time. 

33 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Didn’t deserve to win. We were fucking awful ! Play like that we will be lucky to make the top half never mind anything else. Hamilton are awful aswel.

We are at least consistent