Patrick Thistle vs Hamilton Academical

5 minutes ago, Reid said:

Has there been any confirmation of where we’re sticking away fans this season? Good chance Accies fans could be in the JHS.

I'm sure I read it'll be the JHS this season for away fans.

Definitely the case for Accies this weekend at the very least.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-fixture/partick-thistle-v-hamilton-academical-6th-august-2022/

Away Supporters

Hamilton Accies supporters will be situated in the north end of the Jackie Husband Stand.

55 minutes ago, Reid said:

Has there been any confirmation of where we’re sticking away fans this season? Good chance Accies fans could be in the JHS.

The bigger away supports (which might actually just be Dundee this year?) will still be housed in the Colin Weir stand I’d wager, but it makes sense to stick the smaller supports in the JHS even if it does mean looking at a completely empty stand on one side. 

The bigger away supports (which might actually just be Dundee this year?) will still be housed in the Colin Weir stand I’d wager, but it makes sense to stick the smaller supports in the JHS even if it does mean looking at a completely empty stand on one side. 

Was thinking this myself, Dundee are probably the only team in our league this season who would require us to open it at all. Looking through the rest of the teams I think even if any where on a good run they would unlikely require more than the end sections of the Jackie husband. Especially when you factor in the current cost of living crisis I’m sure most away supports will drop across the country. I know it looks shit on camera always facing an empty stand but if it saves money I don’t see any point in forcing it open unless necessary.

2 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Good to see a scottish club stepping into the 21st century, Fair play.

Thanks.

There are still plenty of people that just want to walk up to the ground and buy a ticket for the game. I don’t understand why any club cuts off any potential source of revenue.

I’d have thought after how much of an eye-bleeding embarrassment the 1971 LC final re-enactment was against Aberdeen a few years back, the club would have stayed away from this kind of thing FOREVER.

Edited by Nightmare

As well as the 1971 reconstruction (which thankfully I missed having left before HT) I'm sure there was some drumming exhibition at half time in the late 90s or early 00s. I remember the name of the band being "Partick Beat" which didn't seem like a good omen.