Patrick Thistle vs Hamilton Academical

Looking forward to this already. Hopefully have one or two players back from injury. 

There will be a few changes to our lineup but hopefully we keep the attacking intent we showed yesterday.

33 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Hopefully have a couple of more bodies in this week as yesterday was a battle and we looked to have picked up a few injuries.

Thistle will be strong challengers for the title this season so considering that and our squad looking somewhat threadbare, I think I'd be happy enough with a draw.

How were Morton yesterday? Many tipping them to finish bottom.

This will definitely be a much more difficult test, hopefully we do get some bodies in early this week.

Our defence is less than convincing which, after seeing that Partick went 3-0 up yesterday has me very worried. We won't have Want, which I think most will agree is probably a good thing with how he's playing atm. So I'd expect Owens or if the rumours are true, Hamilton to start.

Really not expecting much for us here, so would be happy with a draw and another point on the board.

49 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

This will definitely be a much more difficult test, hopefully we do get some bodies in early this week.

Our defence is less than convincing which, after seeing that Partick went 3-0 up yesterday has me very worried. We won't have Want, which I think most will agree is probably a good thing with how he's playing atm. So I'd expect Owens or if the rumours are true, Hamilton to start.

Really not expecting much for us here, so would be happy with a draw and another point on the board.

You'd imagine it'll be too soon for Hamilton considering he hasn't had a pre-season. I'd prefer to see Ngandu or Mimnaugh come in for Want and go with a four, but Rankin's obviously played a five in every game so far so it's likely he'll stick with that. 

8 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Another 6-1 would be lovely.

Every game involving Luke Matheson has been stricken from the record

1 hour ago, keptie said:

Have Partick Thistle officially changed their name to Patrick Thistle going by the thread title games. Even Thistle posters calling themselves Patrick....jagfox!

We are Patrick Thistle but anyone who calls us Partick can burn in hell. Please refer to us as Thistle or the Jags. Thanks x

The thing is, we won our first game, but according to the opposition, we actually lost (they don't count deflections or mistakes), so I don't know WHAT to think about Saturday.

It'll be something-nil. We might score or not depending on your definition of a 'goal'.

What intrigues me is if we have another centre back fit to play, how does the midfield line up? Does turner go back into the spear head of the 3 and McMillan back to right back with McKinnon or banzo dropping to the bench? By all mean I think mckinnon should start over banzo for this one but will be interesting to see what McCall thinks. Turner was great in midfield in the league cup and by all means did a great job filling in at right back so would be incredibly harsh to drop him imo. Also I wonder if sneddon might play this one. Got a sneaky suspicion McCall might still be swapping them around. Not a smart idea again imo but have a feeling we might see it. Mitchell was good on Saturday but did feel bad for sneddon thought it was harsh on him. As said before this is a game thistle really have to be winning comfortably if we are serious about a title challenge.

I'd guess Turner will be dropped although me and I'd guess most of the support would drop one of Bannigan or Docherty. 

Was surprised Mitchell started on Saturday ahead of Sneddon, we have now conceded 4 goals from corners this season and he's been in for all of them - how much of that is down to him is debatable though. Obviously we chopped and changed a few times at the start of last season to no great effect so maybe we won't do it this time round 

One thing I'm guilty of is thinking that players will only come back this week instead of us having any new injuries...