Penicuik Athletic 2022-2023

Good battling win against Tranent today. In doing so, doing all remaining clubs a favour in not having to put up with the Young T Bois enthusiasm in supporting their team. I’m all for encouraging younger fans but having drums and a megaphone in the middle of the main enclosure certainly cleared a space as the regulars found other places to stand away from the noise. 😂

Chose not to travel today and just as well. The result was no surprise and playing with 10 men obviously doesn’t help. That’s one win in our last 5 league games. Too many injuries and selling  one of our best players to Tranent isn’t helping. We just need to buckle down and get through this or it could be a long winter.  Sadly no break for the World Cup and so it’s back along the M9 to Bo’ness next week. 

Edited by norwichbobby

5 minutes ago, norwichbobby said:

Chose not to travel today and just as well. The result was no surprise and playing with 10 men obviously doesn’t help. That’s one win in our last 5 league games. Too many injuries and selling  one of our best players to Tranent isn’t helping. We just need to buckle down and get through this or it could be a long winter.  Sadly no break for the World Cup and so it’s back along the M9 to Bo’ness next week. 

Your guy that got sent off is an idiot. Head butt when there was no animosity at all and one way traffic after that.

On 12/11/2022 at 17:22, Number seven said:

Judging by the slim number of posts on this thread It seems there is very little interest in Penicuik .

Agreed, what's happened to mighty rookie cookie? I recall a couple of seasons back the "battle of midlothian" between Penicuik and Bonnyrigg was a nail-biting encounter with both sides battling for the top spot, we have all seen how well Bonnyrigg has successfully progressed since those days, Tranent have now kicked on and leapfrogged Penicuik, it looks like Linlithgow will be the next ones to progress upwards. whats happened?

We’re still here don’t worry. 🙂

I’d suggest it’s all about the money.  The clubs that have the largest budget are doing the best.  We are probably above average in that respect and so can put in a good challenge but can’t compare in the long run with the highest backed teams. 

In the conference playoffs we came within 10 minutes of winning them and getting to the Lowland League, as did Broxburn. In the following seasons we had a brilliant run in the Scottish but that seemed to detract from the league so we didn’t end up challenging.  We lost a year to Covid but last year we were once again up there missing out on goal difference to a well financed Tranent.  We recruited well in the summer but injuries and an outgoing transfer are taking their toll so we’re on a sticky patch just now but I’d hope we’ll be near the top come the end of the season. 
Linlithgow, who I guess have the biggest budget this year have us to thank for beating them at home last year which saw the end of Brown Ferguson and they’ve not looked back since. Clear favourites now (if they weren’t already) and will hopefully win the playoffs before the West clubs start getting their acts in order. Once that happens it’ll be hard to get out of the league for a while although it’ll be very competitive. 
So, please don’t write us off just yet and we do have the best media team in the League so you can watch all our goals ( and currently all those against us!)

On another note, the East forum will get quieter if Linlithgow do get promoted as it seems there are very few posters from clubs out with them, Musselburgh, Penicuik and a few others. Burnieman is quiet these days too. 

16 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

We’re still here don’t worry. 🙂

I’d suggest it’s all about the money.  The clubs that have the largest budget are doing the best.  We are probably above average in that respect and so can put in a good challenge but can’t compare in the long run with the highest backed teams. 

In the conference playoffs we came within 10 minutes of winning them and getting to the Lowland League, as did Broxburn. In the following seasons we had a brilliant run in the Scottish but that seemed to detract from the league so we didn’t end up challenging.  We lost a year to Covid but last year we were once again up there missing out on goal difference to a well financed Tranent.  We recruited well in the summer but injuries and an outgoing transfer are taking their toll so we’re on a sticky patch just now but I’d hope we’ll be near the top come the end of the season. 
Linlithgow, who I guess have the biggest budget this year have us to thank for beating them at home last year which saw the end of Brown Ferguson and they’ve not looked back since. Clear favourites now (if they weren’t already) and will hopefully win the playoffs before the West clubs start getting their acts in order. Once that happens it’ll be hard to get out of the league for a while although it’ll be very competitive. 
So, please don’t write us off just yet and we do have the best media team in the League so you can watch all our goals ( and currently all those against us!)

On another note, the East forum will get quieter if Linlithgow do get promoted as it seems there are very few posters from clubs out with them, Musselburgh, Penicuik and a few others. Burnieman is quiet these days too. 

Great post, Have to agree that money most certainly talks. 

Rose fan here. If you win your game in hand you are 6 points off the top. Absolutely no need for panic stations.

You’re point is right in terms of us being below par for a few years as we upgraded the ground and chopped and changed managers but the BF years show it’s not all about money. We brought in youth and developed them with a top management team and that’s the main reason we are doing well now.

You’ve been punching in terms of your core support but runs in the Scottish far outstrips gate receipts so it’s no surprise. Need to get back to winning ugly which you’ve ALWAYS done the last few seasons.

Last season especially when I thought we were gaining ground the amount of last min winners or equalisers were ridiculous.

The manager seems to have chucked it with his recent interviews after a couple of defeats to us and Bo’ness. Hardly a disaster with your injury list!