Penicuik Athletic 2022-2023

If we’d played at the weekend like we did last night then I think we’d still be in the cup. We didn’t, so we’re not. Frustrating. 

In the league it’s been a really good start and when we have our first choice players available they are a real handful.  A few still to return from injury who should put in a strong challenge for a start but it would be harsh on those who played last night. 
Crossgates next, another tough test. 

5 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

If we’d played at the weekend like we did last night then I think we’d still be in the cup. We didn’t, so we’re not. Frustrating. 

In the league it’s been a really good start and when we have our first choice players available they are a real handful.  A few still to return from injury who should put in a strong challenge for a start but it would be harsh on those who played last night. 
Crossgates next, another tough test. 

Bit harsh on Musselburgh. You never laid a glove on us on Saturday. Best team won.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a great game for the neutral.    A missed penalty might have changed things but an even first half with both teams having good chances to score. The second half was all Penicuik and the penalty gave a deserved lead at the time.  Jeanfield are always dangerous though and through a couple of good counter attacks scored 2 goals in 2 minutes with 10 to go. I was wondering how we could have lost this after being so dominant in the second half but the injury time equaliser was a fair reflection as i don’t think we deserved to lose. Two good teams going toe to toe.  
From victory to defeat to a draw in the last 10 minutes was all nail biting stuff. 

A few hardy souls plus a guest from Haddington made the trip along the M9 last night to tick off a new ground and club. I was impressed by both. It was a shame there was no catering on offer but the stand at Ochilview gives you a terrific view of the game with its steep seating arrangement and the Astro looked first class. 

Penicuik were a few players short but let’s not take anything away from Syngenta who were strong and fast and played nice passes to break open our defence. They were well worthy of the lead with a cracking curled effort into the top corner. 
Penicuik slowly grew into the game and as Syngenta tired in the second half more and more chances were created and taken. Ultimately a 2-1 win in a good cup tie. 
I knew Syngenta’s league position was false and was proved right. They should come up this season and will probably challenge for Div 1 next year too.