Penicuik Athletic 2022-2023

On 04/03/2023 at 18:50, norwichbobby said:

Calum Elliott was at the game today. Read into that what you will. He will now be fully aware of the challenges that might await…

Not the right man for me. I’ve heard another couple of names thrown about who for me would fit the mould better with us than Callum.
If it does turn out to be him and he gets the slightest sniff of a move higher up, he will be long gone. We need longevity, not a one season wonder. In saying that, beggars can’t be choosers I suppose, let’s just hope whoever does come in can get us back firing where we should be and get us out this mess.

9 hours ago, Franky Bhoy said:

Not the right man for me. I’ve heard another couple of names thrown about who for me would fit the mould better with us than Callum.
If it does turn out to be him and he gets the slightest sniff of a move higher up, he will be long gone. We need longevity, not a one season wonder. In saying that, beggars can’t be choosers I suppose, let’s just hope whoever does come in can get us back firing where we should be and get us out this mess.

Another very successful man who maybe looking for another job is Max Christie

23 minutes ago, Slabs said:

To late 

Wonder if Callum thinks Bo’ness announcement was a tad too late? Quite surprised at this move, as I am not sure Callum will have the same resources/financial back up at Penicuik as he did at Tranent. Obviously, time will tell if this is a good appointment or not. 

13 minutes ago, norwichbobby said:

Not the first time this season a game has been called off at the last minute after being deemed playable earlier.  I know conditions change but we all knew the forecast….a waste of everyone’s time and money. 

Agreed NB and Dundonald has had its fair share of postponements this season.

1 hour ago, Dicko23 said:

Folk will be glad to know I got the day right and as I arrived it just got called off. 

I travelled to Kinnoull for the ref to call it off wi both teams on the park ready to kick off. Conditions and temperatures then were improving unlike tonight.,should've been called off earlier considering the forecast.

Edited by newcastle broon

38 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I travelled to Kinnoull for the ref to call it off wi both teams on the park ready to kick off. Conditions and temperatures then were improving unlike tonight.,should've been called off earlier condidering the forecast.

Absolutely. Would have saved everyone time and effort

11 hours ago, Dicko23 said:

Absolutely. Would have saved everyone time and effort

Referee was taking a bit of stick but the blame surely lies with the Dundonald committee as they should have had an afternoon inspection as the forecast was to get colder

48 minutes ago, Slabs said:

Referee was taking a bit of stick but the blame surely lies with the Dundonald committee as they should have had an afternoon inspection as the forecast was to get colder

They had an inspection at about 4ish and tweeted game was on.

Imagine it's been a local ref at 4 then match ref at 7

Edited by Dicko23
Forgot a bit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...