Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC - 6/8/2022

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Shocked to hear that Ross Millen - who has been shite his entire career - was shite for Rovers this afternoon.

He was awful, I felt bad for Connolly that he had to share that side of the park with him.

9 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Trott on, back to league one you go.

If we are going down that route, off ya f**k to a Partick Thistle thread ya absolute walloper.

Not a great performance from Dundee but good to get the three points. Raith look pretty guff though.

Sharp made some good saves but his distribution is atrocious and that's a big part of the game for keepers these days. He either needs to improve this aspect of his game or Legzdins should get the jersey when he's fully fit.

Both CB's, Sweeney and French, looked decent but Raith didn't exactly test them much. Good to see Ashcroft back, happy with all three options at centre back.

Marshall's ball in for the assist was great but once again there's questions about him defensively, he seemed to struggle with balls over the top. Kerr had a mediocre game, the match passed him by.

Neither Byrne nor Anderson contributed much from midfield where as Mulligan and McMullen's drive got Dundee up the park and put pressure on the Raith defence. We were screaming out for a ball playing midfielder with a bit of composure and finesse and McGowan provided that when he came on. It's great having so much young talent with bags of energy in the team but McGowan offers experience, vision and creativity in the middle of the park lacking in the other midfielders. If Gowzer is fit he should start, even if that means being exposed to seeing his hair more often.

Jakubiak didn't offer much before he had to go off. Rudden ran his arse off and was a real headache for the Raith defence, a goal will do wonders for his confidence and hopefully he starts banging them in after that.

I think Bowyer is still trying to work out what his best 11 is, that match probably offered a few insights.

Mcglynn should never have signed Gullan just another waste of club resources he ain’t a championship striker  his record speaks for its self if anything play him out wide. Zanatta days are numbered IMO Murray doesn’t fancy him and to be brutally honest he looks like he couldn’t careless back to the Ayr , Partick player he was before coming back to us for a 2nd time. The Ngwenya experiment clearer didn’t work yesterday but for next week get Dick out and put Ngwenya at left back and see how he gets hopefully he will realise you can actually cross the half way line . What a difference when we have a centre half pairing and the lad O’ Roirdan looks very comfortable on the ball not a bad debut considering one training session before Saturday . The one thing which everyone can see is we need a physical strong experienced striker who can rough up centre half’s we are to powder puff and a message to Murray another 18 youth player won’t do 

Edited by basher brash

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

The Ngwenya experiment clearer didn’t work yesterday but for next week get Dick out and put Ngwenya at left back and see how he gets hopefully he will realise you can actually cross the half way line . 

Are you suggesting that Ngwenya plays at left back with his dick out, or that when informing the player of his position Ian Murray should have his dick out.

Both options intrigue me and I hope whichever it is it brings you success.

8 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Are you suggesting that Ngwenya plays at left back with his dick out, or that when informing the player of his position Ian Murray should have his dick out.

Both options intrigue me and I hope whichever it is it brings you success.

Carry on Camping on Make a GIF

22 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

The context is not last season but now, their aspiration -indeed expectation - to return immediately.

I don't think any club expect to win the league at this stage or get relegated, 2 games played is far to early to judge teams honestly, Raith have a good chance this season once the team gel , just need a good defence as the way they are playing is very attacking .

19 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

I don't think any club expect to win the league at this stage or get relegated, 2 games played is far to early to judge teams honestly, Raith have a good chance this season once the team gel , just need a good defence as the way they are playing is very attacking .

Dundee are everyone's favourites, including their own fans for winning the Championship, as Killie were last season. It's only stating a fact. They're not certain to win it by any means, but it would be unthinkable if they didnt at least make the top four. I agree - I think Rovers have a good chance of making the top four if they can find a scorer. I think the defence will settle, the new guys look good.

Big fan of Raith's excellent highlights coverage.

Excellent. I’ve been away on the lash this weekend so good to catch up. Fantastic save by young Harry in the first half, but then the comedy slip up could have been costly.