Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC - 6/8/2022

Disagree with the bits about Gullan, Ross and Easton.
The first two were hopeless again and while Easton looks clever with his turns and flicks it's all utterly pointless when it's done in our own half. 
Brown was also poor in midfield and its not hard to see why him and Easton have been stuck in the lower leagues for years.

No sure whether you’ve watched the same game bud, plenty of play from Easton closer to their box. Anyone else I’ve spoken with has said the exact same thing. Gullan is a good player, got right stuck in and played well today, but again no one to play off him. Ross, didn’t do a hell of a lot wrong, had the ball going forward.

4 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

No sure whether you’ve watched the same game bud, plenty of play from Easton closer to their box. Anyone else I’ve spoken with has said the exact same thing. Gullan is a good player, got right stuck in and played well today, but again no one to play off him. Ross, didn’t do a hell of a lot wrong, had the ball going forward.

Gullan is a decent league 1 player no more. Exactly the sort of player Murray seems to love right enough. 

Ross fluffed a glorious chance and, just like every other game this season, had zero end product. His corners would make Dan Armstrong blush.

I can't think of a single positive thing Easton did anywhere near their goal. The guy is the ultimate luxury player and absolutely not what a team in our position needs. 

Routine win. Cracking away crowd and atmosphere.

Shite pies and organisation (why sell tickets for seats then just tell everyone upon arrival it’s a free for all?)

Gowser a class act. Rudden put a huge shift in. 

Next 

20 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Routine win. Cracking away crowd and atmosphere.

Shite pies and organisation (why sell tickets for seats then just tell everyone upon arrival it’s a free for all?)

Gowser a class act. Rudden put a huge shift in. 

Next 

Plenty Dundee fans must have enjoyed a few pies that for sure. 

Gullan is a decent league 1 player no more. Exactly the sort of player Murray seems to love right enough. 
Ross fluffed a glorious chance and, just like every other game this season, had zero end product. His corners would make Dan Armstrong blush.
I can't think of a single positive thing Easton did anywhere near their goal. The guy is the ultimate luxury player and absolutely not what a team in our position needs. 

Give it a bloody rest

20 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Plenty Dundee fans must have enjoyed a few pies that for sure. 

Is this an insightful response based on the fact that Raith ran out of pies today (mark of a tin pot club imo) or a  poor attempt at joke that some Dundee fans are rotund.

If the latter please accept this rejoinder - FWIW the few Raith fans that turned up were not only rotund, but also circus ugly. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

His record before signing him permanently was almost a goal every 2 games. I get some of those where at a lower level but the guys clearly has ability but we need to play to his strengths. He can play up top but against the right position and with more support around him. I would however like to see him start of the left if we can get an striker in. I think having him under a decent contract is far from disastrous.

I think he'd be ok in a supporting role, maybe next to Vaughan, but as a main striker - naw

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

The context is not last season but now, their aspiration -indeed expectation - to return immediately.

And much like yourselves, we are looking for our team to gel under a new manager who is still getting a feel for the players and how best to utilise them, with plenty of time still left in the transfer window to make further adjustments. I reckon both sides will be looking a lot more composed and playing more the way they want to when we next meet.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

His record before signing him permanently was almost a goal every 2 games. I get some of those where at a lower level but the guys clearly has ability but we need to play to his strengths. He can play up top but against the right position and with more support around him. I would however like to see him start of the left if we can get an striker in. I think having him under a decent contract is far from disastrous.

His record before signing for us permanently was 13 goals in 70 odd appearances, which is nowhere near almost one in two. 

3 minutes ago, LBC91 said:

Many dees? Pic looks 1k? Sounded like 3 incredible fae the young team 

Steward I was speaking to pre match said Rovers were anticipating about 1500 Dundee fans, looked about that amount from our end.