Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC - 6/8/2022

1 hour ago, tiggerbounce said:

Away. Thought he had a good game. Only players I wouldn’t give pass marks to are Stanton Dick and Millen

He might be ok as attacking midfield, but he has no striker's instinct. I think that is indisputable.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Gullan was hopeless today. Being stuck with him for another two years is disastrous.

I'm also not relishing another two years of Stanton and Ross, and that's before we even get on to Murray and his signings. 

Easton and Brown were good today. Ross as well. Will give you Nolan and Millen.

Two mediocre teams, Dundee being slightly the less pish of the them. So just to be clear, no complaints about the result from me. 

If Ross had backheeled to Stanton, if the Dee keeper wasn't so good at his job, if the ref had awarded any of the stonewallers.... If my granny had baws etc. 

Who was it that said last Saturday "suggesting the Morton game is a must win is lunacy"  well Its getting damned close to it!  Lose it and we are in the same boat as the Pars were last season.

This isn't a Rovers team on the pitch treading water, they're floundering and the same looks to be true of the board steering the club. 

Think it's fairly safe to say RAITH ROVERS ARE GOING BACKWARDS!

45 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

Yes it’s a disappointing result. Getting sick of being negative on here so taking some positives from this. Two centre backs looked comfortable, a few miscommunications which I’m sure will iron themselves out the more they all play together.

The goal? I’m sure there was about 4 of them huddled round the player that scored?

Dick and Millen I simply cannot get on board with. Millen too many times caught out of position and dick just no better. Ngwenya I was confused to see go off instead of dick? Surely with how brutal dick had been you pull ngwenya back instead.

Stanton looked really far off it. Not going into it too much but I really was not impressed. Connolly as per put everything into the game and is they type of players all others should be looking at and following. Ross looked good as well and put a shift in. Easton changed the game, had the freedom to play a bit further forward and seemed to be taking the piss out of the Dundee players with his turns etc.

Gullan isn’t a number 9. There is no doubt however he had a good game, seemed to win everything in the air, generally good play. He doesn’t work as a single striker, we need someone to be able to play off him and score the goals required.

Wont comment on other subs as there wasn’t too much time for them to play however I do like that he has sacrificed defenders with them minutes to go to attack.

At the end of the day, 2 games in. Yes it doesn’t look promising but with an experienced striker and some more time to gel, I’m certain there’s a team in it. Would like to see some more of Murray’s outwork every team idea though.

Disagree with the bits about Gullan, Ross and Easton.

The first two were hopeless again and while Easton looks clever with his turns and flicks it's all utterly pointless when it's done in our own half. 

Brown was also poor in midfield and its not hard to see why him and Easton have been stuck in the lower leagues for years.

Some of the overreactions here. Folk need to take a step back and calm down. Look at the big picture. Last week was poor and was due to a number of factors. This week far from being great was a more positive performance than last. I am therefore hoping, and expecting, next week at home to be even better.

I think we need to take a bit of pain just now and look at the big picture. It would help if some fans didn't overreact to ever single result as well.

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The first two were hopeless again and while Easton looks clever with his turns and flicks it's all utterly pointless when it's done in our own half. 

Brown was also poor in midfield and its not hard to see why him and Easton have been stuck in the lower leagues for years.

First of all, hats off - Dundee got a soft goal and we didn't look like scoring. And I thought Gullan and Ross were poor, but I disagree about Easton.

But there were positives from the game, our movement which was superior to Dundee's, and we controlled the game for spells against the title favourites. The and despite some near calamities (and the goal) the defence looks like it'll settle into a solid unit. We're not talking anything like relegation.

Gullan was hopeless today. Being stuck with him for another two years is disastrous.

His record before signing him permanently was almost a goal every 2 games. I get some of those where at a lower level but the guys clearly has ability but we need to play to his strengths. He can play up top but against the right position and with more support around him. I would however like to see him start of the left if we can get an striker in. I think having him under a decent contract is far from disastrous.

38 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Two mediocre teams, Dundee being slightly the less pish of the them. So just to be clear, no complaints about the result from me. 

If Ross had backheeled to Stanton, if the Dee keeper wasn't so good at his job, if the ref had awarded any of the stonewallers.... If my granny had baws etc. 

Who was it that said last Saturday "suggesting the Morton game is a must win is lunacy"  well Its getting damned close to it!  Lose it and we are in the same boat as the Pars were last season.

This isn't a Rovers team on the pitch treading water, they're floundering and the same looks to be true of the board steering the club. 

Think it's fairly safe to say RAITH ROVERS ARE GOING BACKWARDS!

This is a parody account isn't it?

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Gullan should have buried that chance when the ball came across goal,  and was absolutely useless at any attempt to hold the ball up.

That isn't his fault,  as he isn't a centre forward.  But it's absolutely the glaring problem right now.

There's plenty decent balls in the box, but virtually zero in the way of aggression towards the ball.  Plenty players peeling off and waiting for the ball to bounce rather than attack it.

Other than that, we were fine.  But fine doesn't win games.

We’ll probably sign another kid, wonder if Murray was signing players for league 1, he seems to forget that this is the championship. What a fucking joke. 

59 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Shhhhhh, you can’t say stuff like that. They are perfectly able for this league…….apparently. 

51 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

His record before signing him permanently was almost a goal every 2 games. I get some of those where at a lower level but the guys clearly has ability but we need to play to his strengths. He can play up top but against the right position and with more support around him. I would however like to see him start of the left if we can get an striker in. I think having him under a decent contract is far from disastrous.

At last, common sense. 

9 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

We’ll probably sign another kid, wonder if Murray was signing players for league 1, he seems to forget that this is the championship. What a fucking joke. 

Well, one of those "kids" was probably our best player today.