Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC - 6/8/2022

25 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Scoring a goal is a total numbers game for us. We need to create six, seven, eight opportunities just to get a half decent chance at one. Dundee, on the other hand, look like they might score out of nowhere at pretty much all times. 

Uprating this to nine, ten or eleven. 

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

Rudden's been an absolute pest all afternoon. He's given Nolan and O'Riordan no peace at all. I'm glad he's off, but I suspect Murray's "throw on all the forwards" is going to disrupt us too much again and our structure is going to disappear. 

Normally the role Connolly plays for us, but he’s been invisible in the updates.

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Rovers have some excellent build up play.

We can chat the birds up, but we fumble the getting them out of the pub bit…

3,222 attendance, not bad…O’Riorden MOTM for Raith fans.

On 02/08/2022 at 12:23, Raith_Raver said:

I'd be surprised if Dundee are any great shakes, and they're liely to underestimate us. 

17 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I don't think Dundee are as strong as a lot of people think.

8 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Moreover, reports suggest that depsite the two goals Dundee never looked like salvaging the game.

smug american psycho GIF

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

If you can't score goals, you'll lose games even when you dominate them. Arguably the third time it's happened to us already this season. 

Aye Rovers played well, I like that centre mid (I think!), quick feet. A few times he left 2 or 3 Dundee players behind him.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Aye Rovers played well, I like that centre mid (I think!), quick feet. A few times he left 2 or 3 Dundee players behind him.

Aye, Dylan Easton, best player in League One last season. His quality is undeniable, but he sometimes takes a few too many chances too close to his own goal, which is presumably why Murray didn't start him today. I can understand that instinct to protect such an untried defence, but the second half proved we needed Easton's creativity. 

31 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It's almost as if we need to sign a fucking striker, eh?

We need people to make proper decisions to set strikers up with decent opportunities. It was long ball after long ball for Gullan who to be fair won a few but no one around him to profit most of the time. Ross was dung for the majority of the game, offered little meaningful support. Both full backs are bombscares, Millen is slow and indecisive and Dick is just not at the races, physically and mentally at this level. Brown works hard but is so slow and has a pish first touch.