Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC - 6/8/2022

Just now, Varna Rover said:

i dont understand the team selection. not very attacking but very defensive. are we playing for a draw

Wondering if you could actually assemble an “attacking” lineup with our current squad…

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Millen/Nolan/O’Riorden/Dick? Which of Nolan and O’Rioden is the left CB? Where’s Ngwenya?

I think the easiest/most accurate way to classify it is a 4-4-1-1. Flat back four, Nolan left and O'Riordan right in the centre. Nwengya left wing, Connolly right wing. Stanton and Brown in the middle, Ross playing in the hole behind Gullan. 

I don't hate it, but it doesn't address the isolation that we've seen with Gullan too often already in Murray's time in charge. 

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I think the easiest/most accurate way to classify it is a 4-4-1-1. Flat back four, Nolan left and O'Riordan right in the centre. Nwengya left wing, Connolly right wing. Stanton and Brown in the middle, Ross playing in the hole behind Gullan. 

I don't hate it, but it doesn't address the isolation that we've seen with Gullan too often already in Murray's time in charge. 

Yikes, that’s a recipe for Gullen to be absolutely useless. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Aye, long afternoon ahead if we are relying on balls up to Gullan to relieve the pressure.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Aye, long afternoon ahead if we are relying on balls up to Gullan to relieve the pressure.

Ironically, that hoofball suggestion would work with Mitchell up top, he’s fast as a thief!