Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC - 6/8/2022

On 03/08/2022 at 17:43, Malky6424 said:

I predict a new portakabin, Raith Rovers love spending money on portakabins, cctv, artificial pitch, but also not nearly enough cash on the playing squad.

What an odd thing to say. We have quite a few players on 2-3 year deals - Gullan/Ross/Stanton wouldn't have came for buttons - as well as splaffing a big sum of cash on you-know-who. Berra would easily have been on over a grand a week too.

There's nothing wrong with what's been happening at the ground, it's entirely separate from the playing budget and most probably well on the way to being self-sufficient. The new hingmy behind the North Stand will help with this.

I think our mostly inaction at signing players is down to a lack of options. We haven't really "lost out" on players as such, just haven't been in for many. 

Although imbalanced, we have 18 first team players and some younger fillers. I don't think our budget has been spent (unless I've missed something from Murray saying it has) so hopefully a centre half to come before September 1st.

Edited by pantene proV

17 hours ago, dysartrovers said:
18 hours ago, steakngravy said:
Dundee supporters welcome in the Estuary pub on Links Street for a wee swally.

Don't do it Dundee fans

It'll make them all nostalgic.

It'll bring back memories of The Highwayman half way up the Hilltown.

19 hours ago, dysartrovers said:
19 hours ago, steakngravy said:
Dundee supporters welcome in the Estuary pub on Links Street for a wee swally.

Don't do it Dundee fans

Is it a bit Straw Dogs!?

The Estuary is a perfectly fine matchday pub although it does look rough as f**k on street view. It's certainly Much better than the fucking Novar and its families/eggchasers wanting meals and table service pish. 

It's only a shame that The Starks' Bar isn't still around to show what a true spit and sawdust matchday pub looks like. 

The Estuary is a perfectly fine matchday pub although it does look rough as f**k on street view. It's certainly Much better than the fucking Novar and its families/eggchasers wanting meals and table service pish. 
It's only a shame that The Starks' Bar isn't still around to show what a true spit and sawdust matchday pub looks like. 

Sob…I miss the auld Starkies…

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Last time I was in The Estuary, there was obviously an issue with the lavvies and it stunk of shite. A memorable if unenjoyable experience.

Starks Bar was the business. RIP Starkies.

Same. Stark's Bar was great in a 'fantastic on match day but wouldn't go near it at any other time' sort of way.
The one time I was in starks bar was after a Derby game with the pars. Rovers and pars fans having a laugh and good time. It all kicked off between rangers and celtic "fans". Police weren't long in turning up with shaun Dennis not far at the back of them.

Friday evening has arrived and I’ve come to the conclusion that the Raith Rovers fans on here are a very decent bunch.  Far more polite than the fans we had to put up with last week.
Thank you.

I agree. Will we be saying the same in 24 hours? [emoji2369]

3 hours ago, RRFC2711 said:

Sob…I miss the auld Starkies…

As do I. I remember being 16 and having the owner and then Rovers assistant manager Shaun Dennis buy my pal and I drinks all night as we hero worshiped him… happy days.

Edited by Enigma

4 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Just looked that pub up. 
f**k me :lol: 

Not a pub I’d bother with outside a game but I sometimes stop in pre or post match on the way. Never had any hassle in there generally quite friendly.  It’s just your standard spit and sawdust pub with a pool table. There’s better bars but it’s close to the ground for a final beer.  

Aye Starks bar used to come out of the 200 club making my way down to Links Street sometimes met Colin Cameron going down the road (that's when he stayed with his dad on Links Street ) and we went into Starks for a couple of beers. He had to go into the lounge otherwise he would have been mobbed. If your wondering we used to play football together lovely guy and a great football player.

Can’t see past a Dundee win here unfortunately, we’re just not a finished team at the moment and with Dundee dropping points first game I think they’ll be going for it here. Transitional season for us but we certainly need to see an improvement on last week’s performance.  Hopefully see a good crowd from both sets of fans with the Pars down Dundee is probably our biggest games this season as I’m not accepting the Accies as a derby 😂. Just looking forward to our first home game of the season and hopefully my pessimism is off the mark.  

I'm more optimistic about this. I don't think Dundee are as strong as a lot of people think. It's odd reasoning that because they lost last week they're more likely to win tomorrow - I would have said they're more likely to win if they had beaten Thistle easily.

With no home wins in the league this calendar year, we're certainly overdue one, but I think we'll need to wait at least another week before we see one.

When Dundee last visited in the 'Nando Mendy game' I left at half time it was so bad. Hopefully our new centre backs show a bit more competence today. 

2-0 Dundee.