Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC - 6/8/2022

I can't see anything other than an away win from this one. Until our defence is sorted out we're going to be good for a goal or two against. I'd be looking to go with a back 4 of ngwenya dick Nolan and millen so we can get brown in midfield. But that defence really is poor no matter how we line up. I'd prefer we went with one up top so we can get an extra man in midfield which is an area of the pitch that is actually complete. Easton or Ross in the hole behind whatever striker to provide the support. We'll hopefully have another cb in by Saturday though.

Just to warn Rovers fans. If your team score deflected goals, they don't count.

On the plus side, if you’re pretty shite, and play shite, we might decide to gift you 2 goals and you might also get a flukey deflection. In the case of all that you’ll probably win. Then you can spend the next few days telling us it would have been 5 nil had you had your strongest team out and signed 4 galacticos.

The Patrick fans have turned into a right lot of roasters since we were last here. Raith used to have a good bunch of lads like the Maryhill mob did when we were here previously. I hope that's not changed!

I know Dundee were a little embarrassed because they were just beaten by a side missing three centre halfs, but there's good news for them; we've only got two. 
I think they where more embarrassed because they had been talking about going the season unbeaten and fucked it after one game tbh. (maybe not the dee fans on pnb, but still)

Just now, grumswall said:
6 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:
I know Dundee were a little embarrassed because they were just beaten by a side missing three centre halfs, but there's good news for them; we've only got two. 

I think they where more embarrassed because they had been talking about going the season unbeaten and fucked it after one game tbh. (maybe not the dee fans on pnb, but still)

One Dee on Twitter that's messaged a bookie isn't really representative of the whole support.

We're in this league often enough to know it's a b*****d.

One Dee on Twitter that's messaged a bookie isn't really representative of the whole support.
Iv seen a fair few suggesting it in fairness. Thistle where my pick for winning the league a month ago so I kind of expected that result on Saturday

Just now, grumswall said:
5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Iv seen a fair few suggesting it in fairness. Thistle where my pick for winning the league a month ago so I kind of expected that result on Saturday

Well, the point still stands. A fair few on social media isn't representative. 

I'd be extremely shocked if Partick Thistle win the league but expect them to be up there. I expected you to be as well but it seems Murray is having a nightmare with squad building by the sounds of things.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Novar is good for football on TV and for food. The Duchess is good for food but doesn’t have TVs showing the football. They are the ones nearest the ground. The Penny and Connells are also near enough.

Brilliant thanks for this ! 

Well, the point still stands. A fair few on social media isn't representative. 
I'd be extremely shocked if Partick Thistle win the league but expect them to be up there. I expected you to be as well but it seems Murray is having a nightmare with squad building by the sounds of things.
I haven't seen thistle this season but going by their signings mccall seems to have addressed alot of their weaknesses with some good signings. I think we'll probably hover around mid table this season but with the right 2/3 signings and by some miracle we keep Vaughan fit when he's back, we could push for promotion imo.

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

I can't see anything other than an away win from this one. Until our defence is sorted out we're going to be good for a goal or two against. I'd be looking to go with a back 4 of ngwenya dick Nolan and millen so we can get brown in midfield. But that defence really is poor no matter how we line up. I'd prefer we went with one up top so we can get an extra man in midfield which is an area of the pitch that is actually complete. Easton or Ross in the hole behind whatever striker to provide the support. We'll hopefully have another cb in by Saturday though.

I’d buy Millen/Nolan/Dick/Young or Ngwenya across the back, Brown at DM, Connolly/Stanton/Ross with Easton at AM, and Connell up top alone. Use Coulson for whichever of Ross or Connolly needs subbed, Arnott in for Easton, Mitchell in for Connell and swap out Young or Ngwenya as appropriate, if needed. Let Gullen and Zanatta sit and reflect…and yes, I know that’s a hell of a crap shoot with the Dee in town, but something needs to change.

Sharp

Kerr  French  Sweeney  Marshall

McMullan  Byrne  McGowan  Mulligan

Rudden  Jakubiak

Tempted to throw in Cameron, Robinson, and switch the defence up but I think this team will get the job done. Would have kept McGinn in but think McMullan deserves to start with his two assists last week. 

On 01/08/2022 at 06:25, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm not sure he was being entirely serious....

On 01/08/2022 at 07:17, hk blues said:

You're right - he wasn't being entirely serious 

23 hours ago, Denspark1893 said:

How do you know have you asked him then?

23 hours ago, hk blues said:

My post stating he wasn't being entirely serious was me not being entirely serious

23 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Have you asked yourself?

22 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm waiting on me getting back to myself on that

For the record, I wasn't being entirely serious.