Todays scores 30/7

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If only everyone's bills stayed the same.

Not having a squad of 27 would reduce cost

29 minutes ago, eaglelok said:

What the rest of the prices around the league, it was £8 at petershill yesterday.  

Nobody else is charging above £8

The West league should be setting the prices, not the clubs. But £9 to watch Lok or any Club at this level compared to £25 odds for championship clubs is a bargain.

We moved 4 players on from last seasons squad before Christmas and lost two to long term injuries. I see 4 or 5 leaving soon.

Lok don’t operate a season ticket model so it isn’t comparable. The real impact in the pricing is kids getting in free, which is good for me and any others with wee ones. I’ve gone from paying £16 to £9. 

The West league should be setting the prices, not the clubs. But £9 to watch Lok or any Club at this level compared to £25 odds for championship clubs is a bargain.

We moved 4 players on from last seasons squad before Christmas and lost two to long term injuries. I see 4 or 5 leaving soon.

Lok don’t operate a season ticket model so it isn’t comparable. The real impact in the pricing is kids getting in free, which is good for me and any others with wee ones. I’ve gone from paying £16 to £9. 

Just now, South_Pride said:

One of the "cartel" dafties will be along soon to tell you price fixing is illegal. 

6 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Rules will be pretty clear I’m sure.Clubs can’t play players who are suspended.

It wasn't clear last season as clubs were docked three points then later given them back. That should have been cleared up for this season though.

1 hour ago, eaglelok said:

What the rest of the prices around the league, it was £8 at petershill yesterday.  

The OAP price is £4 at all clubs (except Pollok £5).

Adult price is £8 now at most clubs with Arthurlie, Auchinleck, Cambuslang, Glenafton and Rob Roy £7 (and Pollok £9). Pollok have a limit on their crowd sizes now, don't they? Which IIRC was quite low.

13 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

It wasn't clear last season as clubs were docked three points then later given them back. That should have been cleared up for this season though.

Just have to ask the Hibs manager,the SFA don’t inform the clubs,it’s up to the clubs to notice these things 

Just have to ask the Hibs manager,the SFA don’t inform the clubs,it’s up to the clubs to notice these things 

The Hibs manager was talking out of his arse though, the SFA do have an online system that clubs can access.

10 minutes ago, mike strutter said:

Pollok”S greed never fails to surprise me , they’re out with the begging bowl at every opportunity… £9 is a piss take when everyone else charges less 

And even more so with the home crowds that they get which are arguably the best in the West  at our level ,they've always been about squeezing the last penny out of everyone and anything though  .

19 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

TBH thought 3-1 flattered but no arguments over the fact bankies very much deserved the win. I think with the amount of players we had out today or not fit enough to start (7 with at least 5 of them starters on top of players playing out of position) and then 2 loose 2 players during the game, one with a very serious head knock which resulted in him being taken to hospital, I am not to disheartened to loose to a team who should be up their challenging. 

A word on the match officials today. We had a 16 year old linesman and the other couldn't have been any older than 20. It was an impossible situation to put them into and both looked out their depth but that may have been down to nerves. I am guessing the sfa are struggling but it won't do much to their development doing games like that when they are not ready. No excuse for the result but just would worry me if this is going to continue. At times we would have been better without them letting the referee judge.

I thought it was a cracking game yesterday and I agree the scoreline slightly flattered the Bankies but they certainly deserved the 3 points.  Good atmosphere throughout the 90 minutes mostly generated by the big travelling support.

Aaron Healey and Dale Simeon failed to create their usual spark and were for the most part stifled by their opponents. We did have players playing out of position because of injuries etc. and it affected Healey more than most as he is better playing deeper where he can pull the strings.  

Anyway we can't be too downhearted as I think we will play worse this season and pick up points.

18 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Thought your second goal was offside and so did a few of your fans I spoke to at the end. Listen I didnt think they make some terrible decisions but both missed some very obvious calls both ways and both had moments of hesitation.

I agree with your comments on the ref.

Looks very tight 

585F6713-064A-48E2-98EB-44A55E911914.jpeg

The Hibs manager was talking out of his arse though, the SFA do have an online system that clubs can access.
And it only takes a phone call to clarify. We had to do it as Joel Taylor who we signed from Stirling Uni was showing as having a 1 game immediate ban to serve in the Lowland League. A quick phone call confirmed that the ban now transferred to 1 WOSFL game now that he had signed for us.

This is from the last available suspension list online....23acf85750fdb76dfd341ebfe6b7dfc6.jpg

We had a complaint lodged against us because we mis-spelt a name on our team sheet last season.

I would expect Meadow to follow procedure, like I’d expect any club to do so if we had played Ramsay yesterday. 

15 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Hearing Buffs skipper Kevin Nicoll shouldn't have been playing today as he has a 2 match ban carried over from last season.

Not sure entirely how it works across leagues, but he was sent off for a really bad tackle in our last game of last season at Dumbarton, so I’d imagine he would’ve faced a ban for that. 

53 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

Did Kevin Nicol play for the Buffs yesterday? That two game ban from Clyde surely translates to the wosfl. 

Yes he played yesterday,and I’m sure his ban would transfer to our league since we all come under SFA