Todays scores 30/7

Took in the Cambuslang v Beith game today. The home side held their own to a point, didn't look out their depth but Beiths quality shone through in the end.

Cambuslang looked an able outfit with Cox, Reid, Giffen & the big number 17 CH playing very well. The later being a big physical old school type who will mix it up.

Also at Cambuslang, felt they lost it through mistakes - poor header back, whilst the gk should have got rid of the through ball. The big no.9 has to lead the line better, and hopefully he can get support up to him, whilst the no.7 never gave up. Beith looked a strong outfit, especially at the back, must be up around the top end this season ? Typically mistakes get punished in a higher division, enjoyed the game.

2 hours ago, Col Hardie said:

Full time Arthurlie 1 Clydebank 3 …3 subs in 60 min for Bankies made all the difference Arthurlie will learn from today’s performance both teams looking good for positive seasons emoji106.png

TBH thought 3-1 flattered but no arguments over the fact bankies very much deserved the win. I think with the amount of players we had out today or not fit enough to start (7 with at least 5 of them starters on top of players playing out of position) and then 2 loose 2 players during the game, one with a very serious head knock which resulted in him being taken to hospital, I am not to disheartened to loose to a team who should be up their challenging. 

A word on the match officials today. We had a 16 year old linesman and the other couldn't have been any older than 20. It was an impossible situation to put them into and both looked out their depth but that may have been down to nerves. I am guessing the sfa are struggling but it won't do much to their development doing games like that when they are not ready. No excuse for the result but just would worry me if this is going to continue. At times we would have been better without them letting the referee judge.

38 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

TBH thought 3-1 flattered but no arguments over the fact bankies very much deserved the win. I think with the amount of players we had out today or not fit enough to start (7 with at least 5 of them starters on top of players playing out of position) and then 2 loose 2 players during the game, one with a very serious head knock which resulted in him being taken to hospital, I am not to disheartened to loose to a team who should be up their challenging. 

A word on the match officials today. We had a 16 year old linesman and the other couldn't have been any older than 20. It was an impossible situation to put them into and both looked out their depth but that may have been down to nerves. I am guessing the sfa are struggling but it won't do much to their development doing games like that when they are not ready. No excuse for the result but just would worry me if this is going to continue. At times we would have been better without them letting the referee judge.

Thought the 2 assistants didn’t do much wrong today - if anything it was the referee who had a few questionable decisions 

Bankies were also missing a few today including our captain Nicky Little. First half was very scrappy but Bankies were much better second half- the triple substitutions on the hour made all the difference.

1 minute ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Thought the 2 assistants didn’t do much wrong today - if anything it was the referee who had a few questionable decisions 

Bankies were also missing a few today including our captain Nicky Little. First half was very scrappy but Bankies were much better second half- the triple substitutions on the hour made all the difference.

Thought your second goal was offside and so did a few of your fans I spoke to at the end. Listen I didnt think they make some terrible decisions but both missed some very obvious calls both ways and both had moments of hesitation.

I agree with your comments on the ref.

Pollok's squad depth a big factor in today's result. We had 6 players missing and couldn't fill the bench, Pollok had guys on the bench who would be starting for us. Pretty even for the first 70 minutes, Steven McNeil had a few good saves, but Del Hepburn missed two one on ones with the keeper, one of them right after we had equalised. Thought both teams should have had penalties.

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Pollok's squad depth a big factor in today's result. We had 6 players missing and couldn't fill the bench, Pollok had guys on the bench who would be starting for us. Pretty even for the first 70 minutes, Steven McNeil had a few good saves, but Del Hepburn missed two one on ones with the keeper, one of them right after we had equalised. Thought both teams should have had penalties.

Pollok fans trying to defend putting up their admission prices to £9 by saying they needed it to pay their players. Well not having a squad of 27 players is one way to keep costs down

3 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Also at Cambuslang, felt they lost it through mistakes - poor header back, whilst the gk should have got rid of the through ball. The big no.9 has to lead the line better, and hopefully he can get support up to him, whilst the no.7 never gave up. Beith looked a strong outfit, especially at the back, must be up around the top end this season ? Typically mistakes get punished in a higher division, enjoyed the game.

I felt Camby didn't look too out of place but as I said Beith had that extra bit of quality. The young centre half 17 for Cambuslang is a very good player, unsure where he came from? They need another central striker as Cox 7 looks to be more a left sided attacker and Anson can't do everything.

54 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

I felt Camby didn't look too out of place but as I said Beith had that extra bit of quality. The young centre half 17 for Cambuslang is a very good player, unsure where he came from? They need another central striker as Cox 7 looks to be more a left sided attacker and Anson can't do everything.

Cambuslang only had one tactic all day which was  high ball to Anson to try and get some knockdowns which for the first half worked ok, second half Beith coped much better with him and he kinda fell out the game.   I think cambuslang will need to do more than that if they are to survive in the league.  Good to see that up and coming striker McLean getting a couple of goals, his second especially was a great goal. 

11 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Pollok fans trying to defend putting up their admission prices to £9 by saying they needed it to pay their players. Well not having a squad of 27 players is one way to keep costs down

£9 is sheer greed and people will say we are ' senior ' now etc etc but the level mainly still has the same teams and standard as ' junior '.

8 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Hearing Buffs skipper Kevin Nicoll shouldn't have been playing today as he has a 2 match ban carried over from last season.

That could be interesting,we got Jamieson from the buffs and he missed yesterday’s game because of suspension (sent off in the cup final against Hurlford)

2 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

£9 is sheer greed and people will say we are ' senior ' now etc etc but the level mainly still has the same teams and standard as ' junior '.

What the rest of the prices around the league, it was £8 at petershill yesterday.  

2 hours ago, Meadowman said:

That could be interesting,we got Jamieson from the buffs and he missed yesterday’s game because of suspension (sent off in the cup final against Hurlford)

How do you not even know the names of your players? Nobody called Jamieson went from Kilwinning to Irvine that was sent off in the final. 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If only everyone's bills stayed the same.

It's possible to cut your cloth accordingly rather than passing the cost onto the punter. If they offered a significant reduction for people buying season tickets it might be a bit more palatable. Not sure if that's the case here though.