Elgin v East Fife

First game of the season and no match thread gives an indication of the optimism for the coming season. East Fife fans seem equally apathetic about their team so it could be a good indication of who is going to really struggle. Got to start the season with a degree of hope so I’ll go 2-1 with a Hester brace.

It will be interesting to see if young Fergie will be involved. I've heard good things about him. Fingers crossed for Alan Trouten too. 

A difficult game to predict. I'd bite your hand off for three points, but might need to settle for a draw. 

I’m actually going to this tomorrow but more in hope than expectation, my prediction is that it will be either eye-bleedingly poor turgid shite or a heart attack inducing 8 goal thriller!!!
Is it pay at the gate??

51 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

We've now matched the number of away wins we managed last season. Reached 50% of our away points total from last season and scored more than 20% of our total away goals scored from last season.

Very disappointing start from City.

I quite enjoyed that performance this afternoon. 

I thought we bossed the first 45 minutes with the midfield four running the show and two excellent finishes from Scott Shepherd. 

Second half saw an entirely different challenge with Elgin City throwing a number of long balls at us, particularly down their left hand side. 

We ran out worthy winners in the end. Early days, but good to see East Fife sitting at the top of the league. 

Gave it a couple of hours so as not to give an over the top knee jerk reaction - we are finishing bottom of this league! It is going to take some miraculous loans/signings to transform that squad into something competitive. The first 45 mins today was one of the most depressing halves of football I can remember-an absolute shambles of a performance. Hard to tell if East Fife are decent or not because we didn’t give them a game until we were 0-3 down. Congrats to East Fife on a well deserved win - we have a lot of improvements to find!

Aye not the end to my holiday I’d wanted. You can applaud the efforts of all of them but you can see the problems . Still time to fix these. If it was me I’d shove Daryl upfront to play off of Kane and support each other . Great to see the efforts and the heads never went down . The chances were there yesterday but those are the breaks . ⚽🖤🤍