Peterhead v Airdrie

Who knows what’s going to happen tomorrow. Really is a trip into the unknown for us and I imagine Peterhead. We played really well for 45 last weekend but finishing was awful.
Anyway on a selfish note good for us NE diamonds ♦️ to have easy gigs to attend. Love Balmoor, friendly locals, good ground and excellent fish n chippin options on way home.

Gang of four seniors on the road again. I have predicted a 2 -0 Airdrieonians win but that's based on us actually shooting more accurately than last few games. Basis of squad is as good as last season but it's uncertain whether we can keep edging out the Blue Toon. There's always Stonehaven's chippy on way back. Interesting season for all the club's.

Decent enough performance and a solid win. Don't think it'd be unfair to say is could / should have been more. An outstanding save to deny a Gabby header in the first half, then he was guilty of not squaring for a Smith tap in in the second half. Even more guilty was Gal for his 1 yard miss. 

But its a win. We move on. 

53 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Decent enough performance and a solid win. Don't think it'd be unfair to say is could / should have been more. An outstanding save to deny a Gabby header in the first half, then he was guilty of not squaring for a Smith tap in in the second half. Even more guilty was Gal for his 1 yard miss

But its a win. We move on. 

At least he’s got it out the way early this season!

Despite the nonsensical traffic hold up at Dundee, we were in enough time to park, buy tickets speedily and get some good pies and hot tea . Hard to believe how warm and pleasant it all was pre kick off.

Got the score right and but for some really good saves from Newman it could have been more . It was as easy as some posters have said and you'd be worried if you support the Blue Toon

I thought McGill was much better if only his shooting was pin point, and he led the line really well. Smith deserved his goal and must have covered every bit of the pitch. Lots of possession and fluid changes of positions was great to see.

At last we scored from a corner and we did have lots of them. Managed the game well in 2nd half even if the big no 9 did cause us some scares.

Peterhead did improve defensively with Ryan.Strachan but I struggled to identify many of the side.

Wylie looked busy but he'll need time to find his role in our shape shifting approach. Good to see squad being improved. 

Stonehaven fish supper was excellent as usual and home trip was traffic smooth.

Surprise result from Clyde so it's going to be an interesting league.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
Spelling

Very much agree with Chapelhall.

Think the danger to us lies maybe on two counts.

If teams press us high up the park which Peterhead did in the second half we rush forward passes and lose possession of the ball quick. 
Also we commit so many players beyond the ball that if we lose it we are faced with plenty of one on one defending counters which gives me the fear.

Peterhead I’m sure will improve but need to strengthen to be near as good they were laterally last season. 

But overall good performance and a grand day out at a proper football ground.

On 31/07/2022 at 11:16, Scott-Replay said:

Any idea who the latest representatives from the Trialist family were for Peterhead?

Robbie Scullion ex Partick apparently.

https://www.peterheadfc.org/2022/08/01/praise-for-gillies-and-scullion/

The other trialist was the sub goalkeeper. Might have been Sandy Wood after his short term contract, playing as a trialist. Didn't play.