Motherwell's Next Permanent Manager 2022/23 Edition

Who will be Motherwell's next permanent manager?   

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There’s a reason Robinson left. Any talk of him coming back should be a not starter. It’s a lot of bs anyway. Some of the options that are being proposed on here, mainly from non Motherwell fans are quite laughable, obviously posted to garner some sort of outeage and should be taken with a barrow full of salt. I mean, Jim Duffy ffs 😂

14 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

All this talk of Robinson…

As an outsider looking in, why would you want him back when you were tired of him last time?

Surely a fresh approach is a better option? 

We don’t want him back. It’s the Daily Record ‘reporting’ on what has been said in here. By St Mirren fans. 

Is this any different to Celtic showing "interest" in Carson a few days before we played? Not suggesting Flao is some sort of master reverse psychologist, the arch disruptor?

Is just a shitey Red top looking to create a buzz when we're pretty good at keeping our business on the downlow.

Just surprised the rag didn't lead the headline: "Northern Irish manager, attended Ibrox 15x, in frame to be in charge at Celtic Park in October"

Shaun Maloney for me, harshly treated at hibs and played a three at the back which would get the best out the current squad. Gets the best out of O'Donnell at wing back with McGinn right of the three. Upgrade on Maguire, Carroll, another striker and got the makings of a decent team.

2 minutes ago, Wellfan91 said:

Shaun Maloney for me, harshly treated at hibs and played a three at the back which would get the best out the current squad. Gets the best out of O'Donnell at wing back with McGinn right of the three. Upgrade on Maguire, Carroll, another striker and got the makings of a decent team.

Hiya Shaun

Absolutely zero chance Robinson would be getting talked about by anybody if we hadn't taken him from Morecambe.

The main two reasons the rumour is perpetuating are 1) because our fans are split on him. The ones who want him to stay are twitchy because we lost Goodwin to Aberdeen. Those who want him out the door are talking about it because they hope he'll go. Either way, the rumour isn't getting binned as quickly as it ought to be. And 2), the game on Sunday and media looking to add spice to an otherwise uninspiring fixture.

Remove those two factors and he wouldn't even be getting a mention.

I'd play 3 at the back as well. Doesn't mean I'm getting the job though.

Any talk of Robinson returning is laughable, it’s never going to happen. He will be lucky to last a couple of months at St Mirren before he’s sacked. I liked the guy but he’s well past his management sell by date.

A lot of time for Robbo he done well with us then ran out of steam/ideas at the end. I’d rather go for a new manager thought for fresh ideas and hopefully new personnel. Craggs or Duncs for me both probably unlikely, reckon we’ll do our usual and go for someone seldom mentioned. Not gonna lie though if we appointed Robbo part of me would be buzzing and part raging. 

The Robinson chat has got to be speculative red top nonsense. He left us when we went on a slide that he held his hands up and admitted he had no idea how to arrest. From his point of view, coming back, inheriting the absolute dross Alexander has left behind, and probably being under pressure right from the off would be mental, although it's questionable if the crew he's assembled in Paisley is better or worse than ours.

From Motherwells point of view, we're as well letting him be and leave St Mirren to foot the bill for his inevitable mid-season punting.

I think he's woven into the fabric of Livingston, and has more influence there than he'll probably be afforded elsewhere. He couldn't get his livi side to finish above us last year, which is a damning indictment. He also hates us for some reason.

40 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

He is a reformed character who has done his time and acknowledged his crime.

Or is he more closely tied to Livingston than we know?

He tows the UV lights home at night for his side project ......