House of the Dragon

IrishBhoy

9 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

The hightowers were working fo usurp even before there were b*****ds so again not really.

Aye but it's moved from a question of whether or not to have a woman on the throne which would come down to loyalties to a black and white issue where she is trying to pass off b*****ds as True Born. 

If they stick to the story from the books then the future seasons are going to be Red Wedding x10.

Without being spoilery, every single main character so far dies. Except one….

[\spoiler]

I don’t think this is a true spoiler as they have departed from the book a bit. I think.

Crispin Cole must be one of the biggest incels in the history of television. Got the royal pussy once, then got the “can’t run away with you, need 2 b queen, lol” treatment, and has been a seething mess ever since.

Been an excellent series so far, and 9 was probably the best of the lot. This, like GOT was, is always at its best when it’s high on the politics, scheming and backstabbing and the dragons, battles and shit cgi are kept to a minimum.

9 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Crispin Cole must be one of the biggest incels in the history of television. Got the royal pussy once, then got the “can’t run away with you, need 2 b queen, lol” treatment, and has been a seething mess ever since.

Been an excellent series so far, and 9 was probably the best of the lot. This, like GOT was, is always at its best when it’s high on the politics, scheming and backstabbing and the dragons, battles and shit cgi are kept to a minimum.

It's hard to take any of the characters seriously since the span of the first season is about 20 years and most of the characters have had two or three things happen to them. On a show where half the characters are merrily shagging blood relatives it's difficult to judge anyone. 

They are definitely trying to frame it more through a contemporary viewpoint than GoT. They obviously want the Blacks to be the fan favourites so they end up with stuff like having Daemon murdering his first wife in a very passive way and adding in the twist where the gay couple escape happily ever after. 

But also why didn't Rhaenys burn them all.

They are usurping the throne. She has a deal with Rhaenyra for a wedding pact between cousins to restore the Velaryon bloodline.  What does she think is going to happen? She has been presented as a realist. Does she think Rhaenyra and Daemon are just going to accept the situation? And she already saw Lord Whoever be strung up as a warning. 

And if she wasn't looking for a confrontation wait until the coronation is over before escaping rather than killing hundreds so she can stare at Alicent. Or go out the back door we saw in the first episode. She is on her dragon who is going to stop her.

6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Thought that was really, really good this week.

Spoiler

I don’t know what I was expecting but I felt slightly let down by the finale. I thought there might have been something bigger to end the season on. The Aemond v Lucerys dragon fight was good, but after that the episode ended quite abruptly  I’ve still enjoyed the season though, more than anything else I’ve watched for a long time so looking forward to season 2. 

It was almost as if they knew had weak sauce for the finale so they just chucked in a miscarriage that the Girlboss Queen walked off like  it was an early reducer in a 90s cup tie. 

The best bit of the episode was giving GRRM his ultimate fantasy of a pubeless kid conducting important business of state then immediately showing how fucking stupid it was that he wrote all his main characters as barely teenagers. 

Matt Daemon doing some choking followed by no reaction from Rhaenyera was the low point. I recently rewatched Long Term Parking and Chris choking Ade is absolutely horrific, this was pathetic by comparison. You can have all the gore and tits you want but this is still a kids show when they do shit like that.