House of the Dragon

IrishBhoy

Really enjoyed episode 5. Started slowly but by the end there's a lot going on.

Episode 6 is going to be interesting with the two lead actresses changing. Thought the younger two have both been pretty decent so hopefully the replacements keep it up.

I am back in due to real life GoT shutting everything down.

There are now two characters I offcially like: (1)The Bronze guy because it means we hopefully get to see some more exterior shots of cool hills (2) Mad Criston because he follows the wisdom that the only valid response to a verbal threat is to punch someone as hard as you can.

I'm starting to like the Princess for being a wee dirty who wants to pump her uncle but she needs to walk the walk. 

Overall still liking it a lot but think there are definitely some issues with this many time jumps. Feels like there's some things that could have been interesting that they've just raced through to get to this point.

Assuming it will calm down a bit at some point in the next few episodes.

They have done a pretty decent job of aging the characters as they jump years in to the future, for everyone apart from Ser Criston Cole that is, who for some reason actually looks younger in episode 6 than he did at any point previous. 

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

They have done a pretty decent job of aging the characters as they jump years in to the future, for everyone apart from Ser Criston Cole that is, who for some reason actually looks younger in episode 6 than he did at any point previous. 

Another jump coming up too, where the kids are going to grow up by a few years but nobody else seemingly ages

I enjoyed the recent episode, back half of it was great. Alicent and Rhaeneyra are both really kicking it out the park

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The kids are having kids as well.

Part of that is reminding me of The Last Kingdom and to an extent Vikings. Where you would have 20something to early 30s playing grandparents to people 5-10 years younger than them.

Seen it mentioned that the series might continue to show the Blackfyre Rebellion and then The Battle of The Trident to wrap up the Targaryens time on the throne and bring us to around the time of season 1 of Game of Thrones. I don’t know how workable that would be but I would like to see it. 

37 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Seen it mentioned that the series might continue to show the Blackfyre Rebellion and then The Battle of The Trident to wrap up the Targaryens time on the throne and bring us to around the time of season 1 of Game of Thrones. I don’t know how workable that would be but I would like to see it. 

Rumours are it will work like an anthology series. 3 Seasons of the Dance of Dragons. Then jump around to whatever seems most interesting in the Targ dynasty.