House of the Dragon

IrishBhoy

I thought it was pretty pish. Shonky CGI dragons, green screen sets and none of the characters have any charisma like Bronn, Tyrion, Ned, Jamie and Cersei had from the very start. The stupid levels of pointless violence were a bit head scratching as well. Why are guys fighting to the death in a tournament?

I'll stick with it for now though as I want to see a bit more of the world.

53 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I thought it was pretty pish. Shonky CGI dragons, green screen sets and none of the characters have any charisma like Bronn, Tyrion, Ned, Jamie and Cersei had from the very start. The stupid levels of pointless violence were a bit head scratching as well. Why are guys fighting to the death in a tournament?

I'll stick with it for now though as I want to see a bit more of the world.

I must agree about the green screen and CGI stuff. Put me off quite a bit.

30 minutes ago, Stringer Bell said:

A good start, with lots of nice little touches in there. Wonder how many series they're going to do as the Dance is still 25 years away.

Something i've heard is that 'House of the Dragon' might actually be an anthology series. 3-4 seasons of this and then do the likes of Aegon's Conquest next. At which point if its all still successfull Fire & Blood part 2 would be out and have another couple of stories designed with an adaptation in mind.

26 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Wasn’t meant the dragons tbf. The jousting and kings landing just looked off to me.

Aye the bit at the start with the two girls walking up stairs was like a video game. The garden scene had Knightmare vibes as well. 

Are the King and his dead wife brother and sister or have they dropped the incest angle?

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Something i've heard is that 'House of the Dragon' might actually be an anthology series. 3-4 seasons of this and then do the likes of Aegon's Conquest next. At which point if its all still successfull Fire & Blood part 2 would be out and have another couple of stories designed with an adaptation in mind.

Aye, I guess that they'll condense the timeline a bit here. Rhaenyra should only be about 8 years old at this point, but is around double that in the show, we'll know when we see how far into the story it is at the end of this season.

Weird that they would jump back to Aegon's conquest after this, you would think it would make more sense to have an anthology in chronological order rather than jump back and forth.

51 minutes ago, Stringer Bell said:

They're cousins. The Targs habitually married their siblings and cousins.

Would the Princess have been expected to marry her wee brother if he lived? They never really addressed that. 

If there's no incest then Westeros has gone woke. 

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Would the Princess have been expected to marry her wee brother if he lived? They never really addressed that. 

Probably, both the King's parents and grandparents were brother and sister.

If it's incest you're after, you're not going to be disappointed.

25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I think they are toning down this type of gratuity, and other things, compared to what was in GOT. Sure I read that somewhere.

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I think they are toning down this type of gratuity, and other things, compared to what was in GOT. Sure I read that somewhere.

I can't see it. They may tone down some of the gratuitous t&a and maybe some of the violence towards women but the Targaryens being Targaryens is vital to the story being told and with Martin being more closely involved in this series I can't see them doing anything that drastic.