Streaming or phone videos

Doesn't the SFA prohibit the transmission of any football from 2.45pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday? hence the Saturday 3pm blackout on TV. Could be them just cracking down on this existing rule. 

Edited by Pollok mad

4 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Rules were dropped over covid, should only affect the folk that post the goals during the game or stream the game live. 

could an individual be held accountable if for example putting a clip on their own facebook page?

11 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

could an individual be held accountable if for example putting a clip on their own facebook page?

If anyone was inclined to bother their arse complaining then more than likely they would be reporting to FB that it shouldn't be posted and they in turn might delete it. Can't see it being any more severe than that.

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Surely this is something the WOSL needs to speak to the SFA about, there’s no media companies putting coverage out for us, why can’t community run clubs provide a stream or goal videos etc. Completely backwards and alienates the likes of less mobile fans who still want to stay connected to their team. 

Is it not a law from the UK Gov?

Just now, Pollok mad said:

From my understanding, I think it's a rule that UEFA gives FAs the option of activating and it's only the SFA and FA who use it 

Montenegrin FA applies the blackout rule as well. Worth a few points in a pub quiz knowing that imo.

20 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Montenegrin FA applies the blackout rule as well. Worth a few points in a pub quiz knowing that imo.

See in about three weeks time I'm going to forget about something really important but that useless piece of information will be lodged in my brain taking up the space for the stuff I need to know. Thanks.

I think fans should be able to film what they want personally. Ronaldo plays to a sea of phones for example. Different for clubs. Mind there was a spell where the local press were live publishing the goals of a game, Folk sharing them about and kinda took the imperative off getting the highlight video up as soon as possible for supporters to watch as they'd had already seen the main parts type thing.