2022 Commonwealth Games - Birmingham

The Naitch

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Not only does Peaty lose in the 100m breaststroke final, he doesn't even win a medal. His first loss in years.

It's hard to work out whether it's more shocking that he lost, or that he still managed to finish 4th despite breaking his foot in May.

Matt Walls crashing into the crowd at the velodrome earlier.  He's now been released from hospital with minor injuries.

Love the completely impassive face of the spectator.

Matt Walls

Just now, Gnash said:

Matt Walls crashing into the crowd at the velodrome earlier.  He's now been released from hospital with minor injuries.

Love the completely impassive face of the spectator.

Matt Walls

Fucking cyclists don’t want to just own the road.  They want right of way everywhere.

28 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Australia beat Fiji in the women's 7s final. Another excellent reffing performance from Hollie Davidson as well.

she is a very good ref 

10 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Are you talking about the 2nd and 4th tries? 

I thought they were both forward passes, but the 4th one was miles forward. 

I played rugby for my school and don't know now whether the rules have changed

If you’re anything like my age the momentum rule that was brought in years ago makes it a coin toss whether a forward pass is called or not.  Load of shite if you ask me.  Parallel line from where the ball is released.  If it’s caught forward of that it’s a forward pass.  Too much inconsistency from refs with the momentum law.

10 hours ago, Left Back said:

If you’re anything like my age the momentum rule that was brought in years ago makes it a coin toss whether a forward pass is called or not.  Load of shite if you ask me.  Parallel line from where the ball is released.  If it’s caught forward of that it’s a forward pass.  Too much inconsistency from refs with the momentum law.

Cheers.   I wasn't aware of that as Iplayed rugby in the mid-late 70s.  

I can understand the logic of the rule but to me a forward pass is a forward pass irrespective of momentum and 2 of the SA tries definitely included 2 forward passes. 

At least i now know why these decisions are made, albeit I don't like them.  

It doesn't seem to be an issue in Rugby League, which I much prefer. 

13 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Scotland seem to be doing the same as in 2018, loads of medals but hardly any golds. 

Yeah. I think the team overall are having a very good Games, just wish we had 2 or 3 more golds, but still some brilliant performances.

Gold for Scotland in the men's para pairs bowls through Garry Brown and Kevin Wallace. Brown made his debut as an able bodied athlete at Victoria in 1994, but returned to the sport as a para athlete after an illness that kept him hospitalised for 11 months left him with disabilities.

Brown was only selected after original pick Garry Hood was banned for 3 months for some questionable online posts, he was only confirmed in the team last Monday.