2022 Commonwealth Games - Birmingham

The Naitch

15 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

My main hopes for the games are that Scotland finish top five, or at the very least above Wales, and England finish above the Aussies at the top of the medal table.

Anyone know if these are likely to come to fruition?

Heard last night England have only topped the medal table twice in umpteen canteen years.  Ironically both times the games were hosted in Scotland.

Surprised me tbh.  I assumed they'd probably have the edge over the Aussies in most games.

46 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

My main hopes for the games are that Scotland finish top five, or at the very least above Wales, and England finish above the Aussies at the top of the medal table.

Anyone know if these are likely to come to fruition?

It's always a fight between England and Australia, and this time is likely to be no different.

Scotland being 5th is possible, not sure about likely. Will need at least 10 golds I think to be as high as 5th. Top 10 is a realistic aim. 5th would probably be a brilliant games. 

8 minutes ago, ScottMc77 said:

It's always a fight between England and Australia, and this time is likely to be no different.

Scotland being 5th is possible, not sure about likely. Will need at least 10 golds I think to be as high as 5th. Top 10 is a realistic aim. 5th would probably be a brilliant games. 

We finished 8th in the last games, 4th in Glasgow and 10th in the games before that so probably unlikely I would say.

Heard last night England have only topped the medal table twice in umpteen canteen years.  Ironically both times the games were hosted in Scotland.
Surprised me tbh.  I assumed they'd probably have the edge over the Aussies in most games.
Judo is one where England and Scotland will get a lot of medals. England team is very strong for that although Scotland and Wales have some gold medal expectations there as well.

18 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Some game at the moment between NZ and Samoa in the 7s at the moment.

Scotland on next

Edit: NZ and Samoa is on at the moment, in case I didn't mention that :rolleyes:

Saw Samoa hump England earlier.  
can’t get the Scotland game.  Iplayer keeps saying temporary fault.  Useless BBC c***s.

Just now, Left Back said:

Saw Samoa hump England earlier.  
can’t get the Scotland game.  Iplayer keeps saying temporary fault.  Useless BBC c***s.

It stuck for 2 minutes for me there as well, in which time we appear to have scored 2 tries. Iplayer has been a bit intermittent both on the 7s and the hockey all day

Currently 43-12 up with 2 mins left

2 good wins for Scotland men in the 7s today, but the big one against South Africa tomorrow morning.  The women were a bit unlucky against Fiji, but then got pummelled by Australia, though tbf, those two would be among the favourites for the Gold. They also play SA tomorrow in their last group game.

Scotland men about to play NZ in the hockey - will be a tough shift, but we do have a chance. It will be really odd to see Scotland without the recently retired Kenny Bain though.

It's a P&B trope to complain about officials, but the Umpire and video umpire getting the new aerial rule wrong cost us the corner for the 2nd goal, and lost us our review. That meant we couldn't review the blatantly wrong decision that gave them the corner for their 3rd.

We've crumbled since then