Teams at home wearing alternative colours

Bored and had this random thought in my head about times I've seen Hearts wear an away kit at home. Quite common in friendlies but competitive games is different. That said, seen it a few times:

Hearts vs Dundee 02/03, Hearts vs Liverpool 12/13, Hearts vs Arbroath 15/16, Hearts vs Partick 18/19, Hearts vs Livingston 20/21. Want to say we wore our black 3rd kit from 19/20 in a home game once too but can't remember who it was against. Can't remember if we wore the shirt with all the names on it too?

I recall a Hibs vs Celtic match many moons ago at Easter Road where both wore their away kits, and I'm sure it happened quite often in Motherwell games vs Dundee United/Aberdeen? 

Not quite the same but one of our games against County last season we had our black home kit and County had their yellow away kit.

Confused some of the kids with free tickets as they briefly cheered a Ross County attack.

2 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Aberdeen v Raith Rovers on Sunday past both teams in change kits. 🤢

That may be the subconscious reason this very topic was on my mind. :lol: Think I read that Aberdeen had supplier issues with their home top so only had their away.

56 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

We've worn our away top in all of our League cup games home and away so far this season....the reason was we hadn't released our home top

Have you switched kit provider? Hearts played their first few pre-season games in last seasons home kit. Which I didn't understand as not only had we released the new shirt, it was on sale in the club shop. I watched Hearts vs Spartans earlier in the month wearing the new top while the players wore last seasons. :lol: 

58 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Have you switched kit provider? Hearts played their first few pre-season games in last seasons home kit. Which I didn't understand as not only had we released the new shirt, it was on sale in the club shop. I watched Hearts vs Spartans earlier in the month wearing the new top while the players wore last seasons. :lol: 

Well, it could be that the professional shirts are not available at that time but the replicas were? The tops in the shop are not the we as the players tops. Usually.

5 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Bored and had this random thought in my head about times I've seen Hearts wear an away kit at home. Quite common in friendlies but competitive games is different. That said, seen it a few times:

Hearts vs Dundee 02/03, Hearts vs Liverpool 12/13, Hearts vs Arbroath 15/16, Hearts vs Partick 18/19, Hearts vs Livingston 20/21. Want to say we wore our black 3rd kit from 19/20 in a home game once too but can't remember who it was against. Can't remember if we wore the shirt with all the names on it too?

I recall a Hibs vs Celtic match many moons ago at Easter Road where both wore their away kits, and I'm sure it happened quite often in Motherwell games vs Dundee United/Aberdeen? 

We wore white against County in 2013 I think it was, a 4-2 win. We also wore our black and blue kit against Livingston last season.  Just off the top of my head.

6 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Not quite the same but one of our games against County last season we had our black home kit and County had their yellow away kit.

Confused some of the kids with free tickets as they briefly cheered a Ross County attack.

Aye, that was absolutely wild. One of the most baffling experiences I've ever had watching those highlights.

As for Killie, I remember us having to wear our yellow away kit at home to St. Johnstone in the late 90s, around 97/98. I also remember we wore a red away kit against Celtic on the day where Rangers bettered them with an Arteta penalty to win the league.

More recently, we wore our navy blue and red kit against Hamilton and our purple kit against Queen's Park at RP last season. I disliked that our three kits were blue and white stripes, navy blue with red trim and purple last season - I reckon that there should have been a yellow one or a white one. Surprised that we didn't keep the white kit from the relegation season to keep for the likes of Queen of the South, but there we go. Wouldn't be surprised to see us and St. Johnstone both wearing away kits against each other this season.