Celtic (1994) v The Famous Aberdeen

I'm not too disappointed. Celtic/Rangers are streets ahead of everyone in our league. Many teams are going to get a thumping by Celtic at Parkhead this season.

Think we would have secured a draw had Scales been available and McCrorie was in midfield. Barron (best youngster since Eion Jess) would have made a difference too. Stewart is colossal in defence. Miovski and Ramadani are going to be big players for us. Personally I'm really pleased with the signings.

I like the look of all the new signings and I'm confident after having seen that performance we'll be absolutely fine this season. 

Looking forward to next weekend where I think we'll kick off our season.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I wouldn’t say that we didn’t try to play positively, but that Celtic didn’t allow us. I felt that Celtic, apart from some of their finishing, played almost as well as they can. There are a lot of teams that will come to Celtic Park this season and leave with thumpings.

Look at how we tried to play out with the goal kicks Joey. That was embarrassing.

15 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm not too disappointed. Celtic/Rangers are streets ahead of everyone in our league. Many teams are going to get a thumping by Celtic at Parkhead this season.

Think we would have secured a draw had Scales been available and McCrorie was in midfield. Barron (best youngster since Eion Jess) would have made a difference too. Stewart is colossal in defence. Miovski and Ramadani are going to be big players for us. Personally I'm really pleased with the signings.

I like the look of all the new signings and I'm confident after having seen that performance we'll be absolutely fine this season. 

667D3628-0856-45F6-963E-4263E2D2772B.gif.b980fc62453baef6d2507a798c9a8b0f.gif

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

667D3628-0856-45F6-963E-4263E2D2772B.gif.b980fc62453baef6d2507a798c9a8b0f.gif

Consistently comes up with the insanely optimistic takes and I love him for it. I especially like it when the list of players available on pre contracts gets shared every January and he says "Aberdeen will sign all the good ones"

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Consistently comes up with the insanely optimistic takes and I love him for it. I especially like it when the list of players available on pre contracts gets shared every January and he says "Aberdeen will sign all the good ones"

In fairness, I didn't this past January nor this summer. Things were so depressing under Glass I lost all hope.

Next week will prove to be a more accurate measure of where Aberdeen currently at but the early signs appear we are an improved side from last season.

I'm excited by our chances of a good season.

39 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Look at how we tried to play out with the goal kicks Joey. That was embarrassing.

I hate that when you're playing against a high pressing teams. 100 times out of 100 the ball ends up back with the goalie who kicks it up the park, which is what should have happened in the first place. But hopefully we'll learn from today.

27 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I think Aberdeen will be better than last season however definitely a take to think that by bringing in 2 players, 1 of which not yet good enough to play for Celtic, would see them take a draw today. 

If better in front of goal that could have been a sore one for them, the second half was a training match.

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I wouldn’t say that we didn’t try to play positively, but that Celtic didn’t allow us. I felt that Celtic, apart from some of their finishing, played almost as well as they can. There are a lot of teams that will come to Celtic Park this season and leave with thumpings.

We made it difficult for ourselves, we gifted them a goal start, and aside from a ten minute spell before half-time, where we looked good,  we sat far too deep and invited the pressure onto ourselves.

However, given that it's a new team then fair enough but we were playing our 5th competitive match of the season compared to opponents who were playing their first.

If Celtic had been match sharp then putting in a display like that could've easily earned us a 5-0, 6-0 or 7-0 humiliation.

Goodwin and the team will get a pass today because it's early doors for the new players but playing like that in Glasgow just won't cut it for the fans (including myself) going forward. It's just the same old pap we've been subjected to for years.

Push the defence up higher and get the midfield congested instead of giving their players an opportunity to showboat. 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I think Aberdeen will be better than last season however definitely a take to think that by bringing in 2 players, 1 of which not yet good enough to play for Celtic, would see them take a draw today. 

If better in front of goal that could have been a sore one for them, the second half was a training match.

If Hayes was better in front of goal that could have been a draw 🤷🏻‍♂️

By the way, what the hell was that pish where the Aberdeen team had to stand around while the entitled Celtic support sang the entire version of You'll Never Walk Alone before the match was allowed to kick off?

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Thought Richardson was poor 

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

If Hayes was better in front of goal that could have been a draw 🤷🏻‍♂️

And if Celtic were more clinical it could have been 5 or 6. 

You were outplayed and restricted to really just that chance. Surely you don’t think you were worthy of a draw?

Edited by Jinky67

And if celtic didn't have to rely on over a century of bigotry and bile for their sick support, they might have to play on a more level playing field.

If my auntie had balls etc.........................................................

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

By the way, what the hell was that pish where the Aberdeen team had to stand around while the entitled Celtic support sang the entire version of You'll Never Walk Alone before the match was allowed to kick off?

Guard of honours are absolute nonsense and teams should refuse to take part 

9 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

And if celtic didn't have to rely on over a century of bigotry and bile for their sick support, they might have to play on a more level playing field.

If my auntie had balls etc.........................................................

Your travelling support didn’t cover themselves in glory with their song choices today mate. c***s in every support but it’s not the reason you are underachieving 👍

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Guard of honours are absolute nonsense and teams should refuse to take part 

No he means the 10 minute nonsense after the guard of honour including the full YNWA and the huddle, it's all panto pish. 

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

And if Celtic were more clinical it could have been 5 or 6. 

You were outplayed and restricted to really just that chance. Surely you don’t think you were worthy of a draw?

I didn't say we were worthy of a draw.

Just making a point that "ifs" are pointless at the end of the game.

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Your travelling support didn’t cover themselves in glory with their song choices today mate. c***s in every support but it’s not the reason you are underachieving 👍

You're either engaging in whataboutery, deliberately missing the point I was making, or are just thick.

My entire point was about the pointlessness of "if's, but's and maybe's" but I guess your inbred paranoia took over?